Memsahib

by Elaine Dandh | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by mcbeth of Miami, Florida USA on 4/12/2005
Journal Entry 1 by mcbeth from Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, April 12, 2005
From back cover:
When Laura moved out of New England to teach at the University of Nebraska, she found the Midwestern folkways quaint and colorful. But when she married a young man from Bombay and took what she supposed would be a short trip to India to meet her new in-laws, she was staggered at the folkways she found in India.

Journal Entry 2 by carlissa from Gainesville, Florida USA on Wednesday, November 14, 2007
In Remembrance of Mcbeth (07/22/1961 - 10/13/2006)

I received this book from her husband.

Reserved for Azuki.

Journal Entry 3 by carlissa from Gainesville, Florida USA on Wednesday, December 05, 2007
I gave this book to Azuki on Sunday at the library book sale.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, December 13, 2007
Thanks so much for saving this book for me.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, October 25, 2011
I have put off reading this because, while I like Indian fictions, the cover is a bit drab, and the back cover blurb is kind of weird too... "folkways"?

I decide to give it a try during the Read-a-thon, and pretty soon enjoy it enough to read the book through. It feels like a memoir or travelog rather than a fiction, and I wonder if there is something autobiographical in the story. A nice story about Laura's visit to India with her husband.

This now goes to eicuthberson who selected it from the Passport vbb. Hope you like it too!

Journal Entry 6 by eicuthbertson at Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Friday, November 18, 2011
Just arrived in the mail. Thanks azuki!

Journal Entry 7 by eicuthbertson at Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Friday, September 13, 2013
Interesting story.

Journal Entry 8 by eicuthbertson at Hastings Community Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (9/15/2013 UTC) at Hastings Community Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Releasing books in anticipation of WORD Vancouver (Word on the Street), Sept. 2013.
Happy reading!
Books will be left on the bookshelf in the Hastings Community Centre upstairs hall.