Quicksilver, English edition

by Neal Stephenson | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by tech1 of Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on 4/10/2005
Journal Entry 1 by tech1 from Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Sunday, April 10, 2005
I loved Cryptonomicon so bought this immediately on seeing it.

Couldn't get past the first few pages without thinking: "contrived, pretentious nonsense".

This is the first of a series of three, the third being very recently published, however I need someone to take this substantial tome off my hands, read it, and then maybe I'd revisit based on feedback.

Take it away...

Journal Entry 2 by tech1 from Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, April 13, 2005
Reserved for controlled release to nut.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Wednesday, June 29, 2005
I'm finally journalling this, apologies for the delay. Don't know when I'll get to read it!

Journal Entry 4 by nut from Kilkenny City, Co. Kilkenny Ireland on Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Bah, that was me. Forgot to log in.

Journal Entry 5 by nut from Kilkenny City, Co. Kilkenny Ireland on Wednesday, November 14, 2007
I've finally read it! It took me ages to get into it, but once I did, I loved it. It ended too suddenly though - I didn't really realise what happened Jack and I would have liked either to know more about the other, or to have a more conclusive ending. It seemed to just stop arbitrarily. Took a long time to read, but it's worth it, in my opinion.
I think I'll give this to DavidG666. He might like it too.