Tell No One

by Harlan Coben | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by ThreeSixNine of Catawba, Wisconsin USA on 3/30/2005
Journal Entry 1 by ThreeSixNine from Catawba, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, March 30, 2005
For Dr. David Beck, the loss was shattering. And every day for the past eight years, he has relived the horror of what happened. The gleaming lake. The pale moonlight. The piercing screams. The night his wife was taken. The last night he saw her alive.

Everyone tells him it’s time to move on, to forget the past once and for all. But for David Beck, there can be no closure. A message has appeared on his computer, a phrase only he and his dead wife know. Suddenly Beck is taunted with the impossible–that somewhere, somehow, Elizabeth is alive.

Beck has been warned to tell no one.

Journal Entry 2 by ThreeSixNine from Catawba, Wisconsin USA on Friday, May 06, 2005
Dr. Beck loss his wife Elizabeth eight years ago to a serial killer. So now why is he emails in code that only Elizabeth would know?

It's hard to pick out the true hero of the story. There are many twists and turns. At first, you think it is Beck. But as more characters and events are revealed, it's hard to chose. Toward the end when everything comes together is like firecrackers going off - you think, oh wow, but a page later there another oh man.

This author always surprises me. I'll pick up the book thinking it won't be much but it grabs me right away and won't let go.

Journal Entry 3 by ThreeSixNine from Catawba, Wisconsin USA on Thursday, May 12, 2005
I offered this on the Relay and it was accepted by Danesnboxers. I hope you like it. Sent it out today.

Journal Entry 4 by danesnboxers from Union, Missouri USA on Monday, May 16, 2005
Received in the mail today. I am really looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for offering it on the relays.
Danesnboxers

Journal Entry 5 by danesnboxers from Union, Missouri USA on Sunday, March 12, 2006
I have duplicate copies of this book so I am sending this one to AceofHearts since it is on her wish list.
Danesnboxers

Journal Entry 6 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 04, 2006
received as a RABCK from Danesnboxers. Thank you so much!!!

Journal Entry 7 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, February 13, 2008
David Beck lost the love of his life 8 years ago in a kidnapping and murder. He can not move on from that horrifying night. Two murdered men are found near the lake where his wife was abducted. Then Beck gets an e-mail to watch a webcam. He sees his wife. What is going on?

The FBI are trying to pin her murder on David. The facts of her case just don't add up. There are so many twists and turns. Just when you feel you have it figured out another turn in the story occurs. The bodies start piling up and the facts get murkier and murkier.

A great mystery but I felt the final twist was a bit too much!!!

Journal Entry 8 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, March 21, 2008
I'm already a chapter into this one and enjoying it!

Journal Entry 9 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, March 29, 2008
This book was my first experience with Coben and I really enjoyed it. The first chapter grabs you and its hard to put the book down thereafter.

Eight years after his wife was murdered by a serial killer, Beck gets a weird email describing things that only his wife would know. He does as the email says and finds himself staring into a web cam with his wife walking through the streets. Can it really be her? Beck starts to untangle a web of lies and murder and gets in a lot of trouble along the way. This isn't so much a mystery as it is a thriller, which is a genre I've grown to really enjoy. Just when you think you have it figured all out, Coben throws you for another twist! I'm looking forward to reading another Coben book.

Journal Entry 10 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, March 30, 2008
This book is back with me :)

Journal Entry 11 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 15, 2008
mailed yesterday to Wijntje who took it out of the VBB

Journal Entry 12 by Wijntje from Hengelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, May 25, 2008
Received this Friday. Thanks :)))

Journal Entry 13 by Wijntje from Hengelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Monday, June 23, 2008
This is the first book of Harlan Coben I've read. It was a quick read, but I must say I don't enjoy his writing-style very much. The end of the book has a nice twist though.

I think I'll put this book in the Everybook VBB on Bookobsessed.

Journal Entry 14 by Wijntje at By Mail, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, August 30, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (8/30/2008 UTC) at By Mail, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy :)

Journal Entry 15 by lisabb2 from Grimes, Iowa USA on Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Got in the mail today...can't wait to read it!!!

Journal Entry 16 by lisabb2 from Grimes, Iowa USA on Sunday, March 01, 2009
Putting this in Mystery VBB at BookObsessed.com.

Journal Entry 17 by lisabb2 from Grimes, Iowa USA on Saturday, March 28, 2009
Wow what a great book!!! This was my first Harlan Coben and I loved it!!! It definitely kepy you guess all the way through...can't wait to read more by this author!!!

Journal Entry 18 by lisabb2 from Grimes, Iowa USA on Tuesday, May 05, 2009
Removing from Mystery VBB at BookObsessed.com.

Journal Entry 19 by lisabb2 from Grimes, Iowa USA on Saturday, May 16, 2009
Sending this off to 4Mickey to enjoy!!!