I Capture the Castle

by Dodie Smith | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0312201656 Global Overview for this book
Registered by sistert of Catonsville, Maryland USA on 3/28/2005
Journal Entry 1 by sistert from Catonsville, Maryland USA on Monday, March 28, 2005
Thanks Fleebo!

I haven't seen the movie yet so I definitely want to read this first. This copy has a different cover.

From Amazon.com:
I Capture the Castle tells the story of seventeen-year-old Cassandra and her family, who live in not-so-genteel poverty in a ramshackle old English castle. Here she strives, over six turbulent months, to hone her writing skills. She fills three notebooks with sharply funny yet poignant entries. Her journals candidly chronicle the great changes that take place within the castle's walls, and her own first descent into love. By the time she pens her final entry, she has "captured the castle"-- and the heart of the reader-- in one of literature's most enchanting entertainments.

Bonus: Reading Group Discussion Guide included in this edition

Journal Entry 2 by sistert from Catonsville, Maryland USA on Monday, June 13, 2005
I've promised this to oisec as part of the "Good Fairy" relay once I'm finished reading it.

Released 14 yrs ago (7/18/2005 UTC) at Mail in By mail, Traded with another Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sent to garnetfairy as part of the "Good Fairy" relay.

Journal Entry 4 by BPO-303097 on Sunday, August 28, 2005
This book arrived some time late this week (wasn't here). Thanks a lot for sending it, sistert!

Journal Entry 5 by sudokugirl from Sarajevo, Sarajevo Bosnia-Herzegovina on Friday, April 17, 2009
Arrived safely yesterday. Such a great surprise, oisec :) Thank you, I'm looking forward to reading this, it looks really interesting.

Journal Entry 6 by PepeLePew at Sarajevo, Sarajevo Bosnia-Herzegovina on Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Received this book from Sudokugirl.

Fantastic story about growing up, full of good humor, drama and, most important of all, amazing characters. I really enjoyed reading it. The atmosphere in the book is magical and the wonderful illustrations at the beginning of each chapter really make reading this book a unique experience.