Heroines Of Dixie Winter of Desperation

Registered by lindberghbaby of Hebron, Kentucky USA on 3/26/2005
Journal Entry 1 by lindberghbaby from Hebron, Kentucky USA on Saturday, March 26, 2005

Journal Entry 2 by lindberghbaby at To a fellow BookCrosser in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, December 03, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (12/3/2005 UTC) at To a fellow BookCrosser in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

sent to

Journal Entry 3 by glade1 from McLeansville, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, December 07, 2005
Yay! This arrived in yesterday's mail. I thoroughly enjoyed the first volume of this set and I look forward to reading this one when (if?) I get out from under all the bookrings that are in my lap right now. Thank you very much, gidget2, for your kind RABCK!

Journal Entry 4 by glade1 from McLeansville, North Carolina USA on Monday, January 26, 2009
Very interesting collection! I am amazed at the reslience of these women. I wish there were some entries reflecting the African-American point of view, but I sense that Ms. Jones, reflecting the era in which the book was published, was not interested in that particular view. I would also like to read a comparable collection from the Yankee point of view.

It's only taken me three years to get around to reading this! It counts toward my "Reduce My TBR" Challenge for 2009. Will mark as available until a suitable release presents itself.

Journal Entry 5 by glade1 from McLeansville, North Carolina USA on Friday, February 20, 2009
I have offered this as a bookray but am having some difficulty. I have two US and two UK takers but all need to ship domestically. I'm going to start it off in the US and hope someone comes along to send to UK. If not, maybe I'll get it back and take care of the overseas postage costs... Participants so far:

Bug2004 (US)
NMReader (US)
...back to glade1 (US)...
Vekiki (UK)
lucy-lemon (UK)

Journal Entry 6 by glade1 at Greensboro, North Carolina -- Controlled Releases on Friday, March 13, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/13/2009 UTC) at Greensboro, North Carolina -- Controlled Releases

Sending to Bug2004 via Media Mail today. Enjoy!

ETA: This counts toward the "Keep Them Moving" Challenge for 2009!

Journal Entry 7 by Bug2004 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Saturday, March 21, 2009
Re'cvd today. Will get to it as quick as I can...several in front of it, but it looks great! :) Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 8 by Bug2004 at Omaha, Nebraska USA on Friday, June 11, 2010
Sorry to have kept this way, way too long!!!

Mailed off to NMReader