Playing Away

by Adele Parks | Women's Fiction |
Registered by LyzzyBee of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 3/25/2005
Journal Entry 1 by LyzzyBee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, March 25, 2005
Kindly donated by my colleague Christine for the office book table.

Journal Entry 2 by LyzzyBee at on Friday, March 25, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (3/30/2005 UTC) at

In the office kitchen

Journal Entry 3 by LyzzyBee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 29, 2005
Actually sent to nice-cup-of-tea in trade for a Noel Streatfeild (with Christine's permission!)

Journal Entry 4 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Saturday, April 02, 2005
This is my first trade! Received it today from LyzzyBee - thanks :-)
I've sent her Ballet Shoes for Anna...

Journal Entry 5 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Sunday, April 03, 2005
I really enjoyed this book - a great Saturday evening read with a few beers!

Connie is happily married to Luke, then meets John and has an affair. I wasn't sure how Adele Parks was going to make this work, I didn't think I'd have any sympathy for Connie's predicament. But amazingly, it does and i did... What's interesting is how you gradually see Connie's attitude to her work and her friends change, as she gets more enmeshed in the affair. This was quite a different style to the other Adele Parks I've read - The Other Woman's Shoes. A good read. Her style also reminds me of Jane Green, another favourite of mine.

www.adeleparks.com

Journal Entry 6 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, April 05, 2005
This book is now going to play away in Sunny Australia!
Part of a trade between EnchantedWoods & myself - she's sending me "Syrup" by Max Barry!

Posted Economy from Switzerland on April 5th 2005

Journal Entry 7 by EnchantedWoods from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Thursday, April 21, 2005
Received today in post from nice-cup-of-tea as a trade. Looking forward to the long weekend and curling up with this book.

Journal Entry 8 by EnchantedWoods from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, May 03, 2005
Enjoyable book, I have read better by this author so perhaps my expectations were just too high. Recommend to fellow chic lit lovers.