*Getting Over Jack Wagner

by Elise Juska | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by needmorezoloft of Detroit, Texas USA on 3/22/2005
Journal Entry 1 by needmorezoloft from Detroit, Texas USA on Tuesday, March 22, 2005
Got Via E-Bay

Journal Entry 2 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Friday, April 15, 2005
Picked this up at the 2005 BookCrossing Convention. Thanks NeedMoreZoloft!

Journal Entry 3 by cestmoi from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 20, 2007
The very lovely and the very generous Noumena brought this to the Convention for me. It was a wonderful surprise!
Thank you.

Journal Entry 4 by cestmoi at Oakville, Ontario Canada on Saturday, November 08, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (11/9/2008 UTC) at Oakville, Ontario Canada

I loved this! I was so in love with Jack Wagner in grade 9 and 10. I have now come to realise - at age 41 - that I will never "get him" as he seems to have a penchant for petite, blonde bombshells (Christina Malandro and Heather Locklear prove my point!). However, I am still in love with him and I think that is just fine. I have his albums in vinyl and cassette and even on my IPOD. All I Need is one of my all time favourite songs..yes..really :)

Anyway about the book - it was fun light read that took me back to my General Hospital days. Reading and reminiscing was enjoyable.

I am taking this to a meet up tomorrow and if there are no other Jack Wagner fanatics there, then I will leave it on the window sill to find the perfect Jack Wagner fan to take home.

From Booklist
Juska's first novel is as light and winning as a 1980s love song--and in its own way, as earnest. Eliza Simon is a 26-year-old copywriter who feels that life and love are passing her by. When she's not avoiding family dinners with her perfect sister, Camilla, or dissecting TV reruns with her friend Andrew, Eliza is writing a semiautobiographical book about dating "rock stars"--which for Eliza means everyone from Jack Wagner to the moody drummer who won her heart at the high-school talent show. In a series of hilarious (and sometimes painful) flashbacks, Eliza reminisces about the rock stars she has known and loved, including, of course, Jack Wagner, whose image she lovingly steamed onto a T-shirt when she was in the fifth grade. Juska's references to 1980s girlhood are perfect, as when Eliza remembers herself on a date with a high-school boyfriend "dressed in some senseless combination of long underwear and men's boxer shorts." A funny and endearing addition to the "single girl in the city" genre. Meredith Parets
Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved

Journal Entry 5 by michelle1977 from Haren, Groningen Netherlands on Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Taken this from the BookCrossingmeeting last Sunday. I love chick lit and I'm looking forward to reading this one with and '80s twist.

Journal Entry 6 by michelle1977 from Haren, Groningen Netherlands on Wednesday, December 10, 2008
I really enjoyed this twist on a chick lit novel. Loved all the music references although, having grown up in the Netherlands, I funnily enough don't have a clue who Jack Wagner is!

Journal Entry 7 by michelle1977 at Second Cup - Lakeshore at Navy in Oakville, Ontario Canada on Friday, February 06, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (2/6/2009 UTC) at Second Cup - Lakeshore at Navy in Oakville, Ontario Canada

Leaving this on the windowsill of the Official BookCrossing Zone here at the Second Cup in Oakville.