Dead On The Dance Floor

by Heather Graham | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by loriped of Keizer, Oregon USA on 3/21/2005
Journal Entry 1 by loriped from Keizer, Oregon USA on Monday, March 21, 2005
From Publishers Weekly
At the Moonlight Sonata Dance Studio in Miami Beach, coaching for professional competitions is available, as is recreational dance instruction. When Lara Trudeau, imperious star professional, drops dead after a performance, authorities, citing a lethal combination of pills and alcohol, deem the death accidental. But patrolman Doug O'Casey, a new dance student and Lara's most recent lover, suspects foul play, as do some associates, including the studio manager, Shannon Mackay. Doug finally persuades his brother Quinn, a private investigator, to sign up for dance lessons so he can look into the case. Meanwhile, in the vicinity of the dance studio, several seemingly unrelated murders occur. Quinn begins to fall in love with his dance instructor, Shannon, although she could be the murderer he seeksâ€"for that matter, so could his brother. When Shannon gets a cryptic message, "You're next!" she's determined to find the killer herself; her efforts put her in harm's way. The story isn't all suspicions and chills: readers can learn something about salsa, tango and waltz contests, and there's a touching bit about a homeless girl who's a natural dancer and finds a home. Graham's more suggestible fans will doubtless put on their dancing shoes and head for the nearest Arthur Murray studio.
Copyright © Reed Business Information

This is another favorite author of mine. The story did not disappoint me. Graham kept the plot line tight with plenty of action and a romantic interest.

Adding to loveamystery’s Virtual Mystery Bookbox.

Journal Entry 2 by loriped from Keizer, Oregon USA on Friday, August 24, 2007
Sending off to loveamystery. Hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 3 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, September 09, 2007
This book reached me last week and I just now remembered that I had not journalled it. Thank you for sending it to me. It looks good. And thanks for the bookmark as well.

Journal Entry 4 by loveamystery at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, April 02, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (4/2/2011 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Sent to Minerva101 as a RABCK. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, April 08, 2011
Thank you so much for the RABCK's, loveamystery!!
I am happily adding this to my TBR pile. You are very generous and I hope to reciprocate one day and surprize you :)

Journal Entry 6 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 08, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (6/8/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Sadly this book has languished on my bookshelf for a very long time, and with my job requiring so much reading, I don't feel that this will make it to the top of my TBR. I am taking it to the Calgary Bookcrossing meeting to find a reader who enjoys mysteries and who has more time to devote to recreational reading.

Journal Entry 7 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 08, 2019
A murder mystery. My style!

Journal Entry 8 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, September 11, 2019
Thanks loriped for the book. I have done dance and just love it so this was great fun for me. I wish I could dance more...and much better....

The mystery was good and kept me guessing.

Journal Entry 9 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 14, 2019

Released 5 days ago (9/14/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this book to our monthly bookcrossers meet up at Cravings - the second Saturday of every month- to pass on to the next reader.