Don't Panic: Douglas Adams and the "Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Registered by nice-cup-of-tea of Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on 3/20/2005
Journal Entry 1 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Sunday, March 20, 2005
(Different cover, earlier edition)

I've recently re-read this, and since the book was written in 1987, the history of Douglas Adams and the whole HHGG stops shortly after the 4th book (So long and thanks for all the fish) with quotes from DNA protesting he wouldn't write a 5th book - which we know he did!

The book covers the history behind all the incarnations of the HHGG genre, including books, TV, Film, computer game. Split into short and easily read chapters, a must for every DNA fan!

However, I might have to buy the updated edition (written after DNA's early death). My only criticism is that Neil Gaiman sometimes "tries" to hard to be funny, using the style of Douglas Adams - whereas Neil has his own perfectly funny, comic style!

Journal Entry 2 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, May 12, 2005
Since I've received the new edition of this book as a Birthday present from my very lovely sister katethebass, I am going to take this copy to the next meeting of the Zurich Bookgroup as we are discussing HHGG, and hope someone takes it away!

Or, I will release this copy as part of my HHGG Movie Premiere Release Challenge which is taking place at the Zurich HHGG movie premiere on May 27th @ the Kinoimhb event.

Journal Entry 3 by sepukku from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, May 26, 2005
Thank you for giving me this book. It's my next book to read :)

I'm really looking forward to it, especially because of the HHGG Premiere tomorrow.

Journal Entry 4 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Friday, May 27, 2005
Don't Panic: Douglas Adams and the "Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Neil Gaiman --> Given to Sepukku at the bookgroup last night.

His to keep or trade or relase or ???? :-)

Journal Entry 5 by sepukku from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Friday, May 27, 2005
I think it's a great book that has to be released after I read it
Maybe it's my book to lose my "virginity" ;-)