How to Argue and Win Every Time

by Gerry Spence | Audiobooks | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Kislany on 3/19/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Kislany on Saturday, March 19, 2005
The Laws of Arguing According to Gerry Spence

1. Everyone is capable of making the winning argument.
2. Winning is getting what we want, which also means helping "others" get what they want.
3. Learn that words are a weapon, and can be used hostilely in combat.
4. Know that there is always a "biological advantage" of delivering the TRUTH.
5. Assault is not argument.
6. Use fear as an ally in pubic speaking or in argument. Learn to convert its energy.
7. Let emotions show and don't discourage passion.
8. Don't be blinded by brilliance.
9. Learn to speak with the body. The body sometimes speaks more powerfully than words.
10. Know that the enemy is not the person with whom we are engaged in a failing argument, but the vision within ourselves.

Journal Entry 2 by Kislany on Sunday, June 11, 2006
Reserved for Potok-fan on the relay.

Journal Entry 3 by Kislany at on Thursday, June 22, 2006

Released 17 yrs ago (6/22/2006 UTC) at

Enjoy :)

Journal Entry 4 by potok-fan from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, April 26, 2009
Ohmigosh - I am shocked to see that this book was never journalled. Blush blush and cringing apologies.

I assumed I had journalled it when it arrived. Then about every six months, I wonder whether it's time to admit that I am never going to get this book read. I pick it up to make a journal entry, and instead read the back cover and think, "Maybe I should give it another chance." And so I don't journal it but move it to another TBR pile.

Today's the day I decided to give up altogether and put it into a box to be distributed at the All-Finland bookcrossing meeting this summer. I came to say so... and bookcrossing says this book is still in the wild. I am so embarrassed and sorry.

This seems like a book that should be worth reading. But it's just a little too dense, and a little too 'out there' ("Know that the enemy is... the vision within ourselves"). I find it too off-putting.

Released 14 yrs ago (6/6/2009 UTC) at Hotelli Lanterna, Nauvo in Parainen, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Contributed to the book buffet at Kesäpäivät - the All-Finland annual BookCrossing meeting

Journal Entry 6 by wingheatherwing from Sandpoint, Idaho USA on Thursday, April 29, 2010
2010 BC Convention...to be read!