Morality for Beautiful Girls (No.1 Ladies Detective Agency)

by Smith, Alexander Mccall | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by carlissa of Gainesville, Florida USA on 3/10/2005
Journal Entry 1 by carlissa from Gainesville, Florida USA on Thursday, March 10, 2005
From the back of the book:
In Morality for Beautiful Girls, Precious Ramotswe, founder and owner of Botswana's only detective agency for the "concerns of both ladies and others," investigates the alleged poisoning of the brother of an important "Government Man," and the moral charactoer of the four finalists of the Miss Beauty and Integrity Contest, the winner of which will almost certainly be a contestant for the the title of Miss Botswana. Meanwhile, the agency is having money problems, and when unexpected dificulties arise at the Tkokweng Road Speedy Motors, she discovers that her financê, the reliable Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni, is more complicated than he seems.

Journal Entry 2 by carlissa from Gainesville, Florida USA on Thursday, March 10, 2005
I will be making this book into a bookring.

Ring Participants:

luv2sewtjr
CdnBlueRose
bugandbean
tabby-cat-owner
inkognitoh (skipped)
back to me (Carlissa) <-- made it home!

Journal Entry 3 by luv2sewtjr from Greencastle, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, March 15, 2005
I just got this today. I'll be starting it right away since I just finished my last book.

Thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by luv2sewtjr from Greencastle, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, March 16, 2005
I sat down and read this book instead of doing anything else today. Loved it! I am enjoying this series more with each volume. It's nice to be learning more about the rest of the characters, and I'm finding Mma Makutsi to be my favorite. This book was just what I needed today, too.

Thanks so much for including me in this ring. I have the next reader's address and will mail it out by the end of the week.

Journal Entry 5 by CdnBlueRose from Steinbach, Manitoba Canada on Wednesday, April 13, 2005
Received today - thanks!

Journal Entry 6 by CdnBlueRose from Steinbach, Manitoba Canada on Monday, April 25, 2005
I really enjoyed this book, as I've enjoyed every book in this series so far - thanks for sharing! I am mailing it along to bugandbean on April 27. ENJOY!

Journal Entry 7 by bugandbean from Columbus, Ohio USA on Tuesday, May 3, 2005
received - thank you! I'll get to it as soon as I can - I have a few other rings that came before, but shouldn't take long.

Journal Entry 8 by bugandbean from Columbus, Ohio USA on Thursday, May 12, 2005
These books make you feel like goodness, morality is so simple, and they make you want to be good. I love that, and I appreciate it - it's so rare in modern fiction. This is such a good series - I just don't want it to ever end.
contacting tabby-cat-owner

Journal Entry 9 by tabby-cat-owner from Bellingham, Washington USA on Wednesday, May 25, 2005
received this in the mail today, I look forward to reading this as soon as I finish another bookrelay book that I'm reading!

Journal Entry 10 by tabby-cat-owner from Bellingham, Washington USA on Thursday, June 23, 2005
I made a journal entry but apparently I never caught the book so it is not listed on my bookshelf. I am catching the book before releasing it so it will be listed on my bookshelf. received in the mail a few weeks ago from bugandbean of Columbus, Ohio.

Journal Entry 11 by tabby-cat-owner from Bellingham, Washington USA on Saturday, June 25, 2005
I believe that I enjoyed this book even more than the first two. The promotion of Mma. Makutsi to Assistant Detective added new interesting stories to the book. I missed Rra. J.L.B. Matekoni as a major character in this book, but since I know there are more books coming, I look forward to his re-entry as a major character. This is a fun, sweet and profound book.

Released 18 yrs ago (7/4/2005 UTC) at n/a in book ring/ray, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

mailing back to Carlissa of Miami, Florida.

Thank you for starting this bookray.

Journal Entry 13 by carlissa from Gainesville, Florida USA on Tuesday, July 19, 2005
I just got back from vacation and found this book in the mail box. Hope you all enjoyed this book as much as I did! Thank you tabby-cat-owner for the post card of Phoenix!

Journal Entry 14 by carlissa at Goodwill - 13762 SW 152nd Street in Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, April 16, 2017

Released 6 yrs ago (4/17/2017 UTC) at Goodwill - 13762 SW 152nd Street in Miami, Florida USA

Donating to Goodwill.