Cotillion

by Georgette Heyer | Romance |
Registered by wingReetPetitewing of Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on 3/10/2005
Journal Entry 1 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 10, 2005
Getting more of these.

Amazon.co.uk Review
Young Kitty Charing stands to inherit a vast fortune from her irascible great-uncle Matthew--provided she marries one of her cousins. Kitty is not wholly adverse to the plan, if the right nephew proposes. Unfortunately, Kitty has set her heart on Jack Westruther, a confirmed rake, who seems to have no inclination to marry her anytime soon. In an effort to make Jack jealous, and to see a little more of the world than her isolated life on her great-uncle's estate has afforded her, Kitty devises a plan. She convinces yet another of her cousins, the honourable Freddy Standen, to pretend to be engaged to her. Her plan would bring her to London on a visit to Freddy's family and (hopefully) render the elusive Mr Westruther madly jealous. Thus begins Cotillion, arguably the funniest, most charming of Georgette Heyer's many delightful Regency romances

Journal Entry 2 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 14, 2006
A heart-warming & funny romance. It seems a bit hard going at first but keep going because it's well worth it. There are all kinds of characters & romantic entanglements. Kitty learns a lot about London life & makes friends that she tries to help. I couldn't put it down. It's got a sweet feel-good ending.

This book is going to Nikel27. Enjoy :)

Journal Entry 3 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, November 28, 2006
thanks so much for sending me this book. I love this author.

update:
Good read, thanks for sharing with me

Journal Entry 4 by nikel27 at Post Office in BookBox, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Released 13 yrs ago (1/18/2007 UTC) at Post Office in BookBox, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases

Goes into the Romance BookBox

Journal Entry 5 by Annadlx from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Thursday, January 18, 2007
Was part of my BookBox and is now part of Mount TBR. Thanks for sharing!
The format is great for my usual Cross-Trainer-Reading at my fitnessclub. Yeah!

Journal Entry 6 by Annadlx from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, January 30, 2007
no, sorry, it was boring and dull. The characters weren't really enjoyable or believable. The heroine was dull, not really up to speed to get her drama going. I stopped midways into the novel. Sorry. For that it gets a 4/10* rating.
I have to think about reading another one of this authors books. We'll see what happens.

The book is already reserved for penelopewanders. I hope she'll enjoy the book more.

Released 12 yrs ago (2/1/2007 UTC) at per Post / via mail in -- Per Post/Persönliche Weitergabe--, Hessen Germany

Released to travel to penelopewanders as part of a trade.
It has 2 other books for company ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/4413521 and http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/3043965)
Save Journey!

Journal Entry 8 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Wednesday, February 07, 2007
This book just arrived as part of a trade... whoops, sounds like it might be a bit dull :(
Have to hope I feel more like Reetpetite and Nikel who seem to have enjoyed it more. I really enjoyed the other Heyer I read (The Grand Sophy)
Thanks so much for the trade, yours should be on their way soon.

UPDATE
Read this quickly so that I could give it to Oriane before leaving Paris. Very enjoyable story, really like the various characters, especially Dolph and Freddy. Given to Oriane in our annual(?) Paris book handover!

Journal Entry 9 by Oriana78 from Annecy, Rhône-Alpes France on Friday, November 02, 2007
Another Georgette Heyer! Can't wait to read it.