The Barbara Pym Cookbook

by Hilary Pym, Honor Wyatt | Cooking, Food & Wine |
Registered by ScrappyCat58 of Henderson, Nevada USA on 3/8/2005
Journal Entry 1 by ScrappyCat58 from Henderson, Nevada USA on Tuesday, March 08, 2005
This is a really, really lovely little book filled with recipes and quotes from Pym's books. It's very small and charming, and you really can't go wrong with this one.

Journal Entry 2 by ScrappyCat58 from Henderson, Nevada USA on Thursday, April 28, 2005
Mailed this lovely little book to Etherea on 4/28/05.

Journal Entry 3 by wingethereawing from Little Rock, Arkansas USA on Tuesday, May 10, 2005
This is a lovely book! I discovered Barbara Pym years ago, but never knew this existed. Thanks for your generosity ScrappyCat58!

Journal Entry 4 by wingethereawing at Little Rock, Arkansas USA on Monday, February 01, 2021
It's been quite a while since I read Barbara Pym's novels. I enjoyed them and remember how large a part of the books was devoted to food.
Some critics have criticized this as an attempt by her sister to make money off of her legacy. I think it just lends an air of authenticity to the book that her sister was instrumental in making it happen.

Journal Entry 5 by wingethereawing at Surprise For Another BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 22, 2021

Released 2 mos ago (2/22/2021 UTC) at Surprise For Another BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

I saw that you have been reading Barbara Pym and thought of this little book that I've had way too long. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Journal Entry 6 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, March 01, 2021
Thanks so much for this RABCK, etherea! I was delighted to see it in the package. You are right that I have been enjoying reading Barbara Pym recently. I had no idea that there was a Barbara Pym cookbook and I look forward to reading this! Thank you again.

Journal Entry 7 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, March 11, 2021
This was a lot of fun! I enjoyed the extracts from Pym's books and I especially appreciated the quotes from her autobiography and the insights into her life. I will admit that I find English cuisine a bit puzzling and not particularly appetizing (suet? oxtail?), but there were still a few dishes here that sounded inviting. Many thanks again for sharing this one with me, etherea!