Soul Stories: Practical Guides to the Soul

by Gary Zukav | Health, Mind & Body |
ISBN: 0743209087 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Diomedes of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 3/8/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Diomedes from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 08, 2005
This book was orphaned at last night's meetup so I have picked it up to take to the Ispwich meet on Saturday. It should correctly be allocated to Saira but I'm sure that she can track it after I have sent her the No.

Journal Entry 2 by Diomedes at on Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (3/12/2005 UTC) at

Journal Entry 3 by silver-soul from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 08, 2005
I heard about it from a friend, read it and just couldn't get into it but it could just be because I was too busy with other stuff. The book deserves a chance with someone else...who may need it on their journey in life when they find it.

Journal Entry 4 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, March 12, 2005
I did say in advance that BC meet-ups are good for the soul, and I find a book of uplifting stories :)

(30/04) Finished. Review to follow...

Journal Entry 5 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, May 12, 2005
This is not the type of self-help book I would normally touch with a very long barge pole; but I must admit to quite liking bits of it – maybe I’m becoming a new man! The book is written in a lot of small chapters; each highlighting aspects of a spiritual life with real events, myths, aphorisms, & allegories; the ‘Soul Stories’ of the book’s title. I like it that Zukav sometimes views the world from a different perspective.

A couple of examples that I will take away with me, paraphrased of course ;-)

Following a discourse on the miracle that is the jet engine & modern international air travel, "You may think that airplanes fly you from place to place, but actually it is your intentions. Airplanes take off every day, but unless you are on one, you won’t go anywhere."

About working effectively in a team; it’s not the about having shared goals (the perceived wisdom), but comes from wanting to work together with colleagues, to share, to grow spiritually. OK, sorry, I went a bit too far then!

Ugh...a word about Americanized verbs; the following found on the same page, ‘authored’ and ‘partnered’. In a different book, I recently saw the word ‘intuits’, not Eskimos, but in the sense of having intuition!

To be honest, the book becomes a bit shallow, preachy and annoying after a while, repeating a number of phrases like a mantra; for example, I kid you not, this is a typical end-of-section passage,

"More and more people are beginning to see the picture. This is multisensory perception. More and more people are choosing harmony, cooperation, sharing, and reverence for Life…That is creating authentic power.
This situation is very new, indeed.
It is the beginning of something that has never happened before."

Now if you can read this without wanting to poke your own eyes out and jump off of the Orwell Bridge, then you might just get something out of this book!

Thank you to this chain of people for sharing. Now available again.

Journal Entry 6 by BookGroupMan at on Friday, May 13, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (5/14/2005 UTC) at

Pre-release for tomorrow's Ipswich meet-up

Journal Entry 7 by ChinaSourcer from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, May 14, 2005
Picked up at the Ipswich MeetUp today, many thanks.

Journal Entry 8 by ChinaSourcer from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, November 25, 2005
Posted today to MrsBookGroupMan's friend.