* White Oleander : A Novel

by Janet Fitch | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Antheras of Kitchener, Ontario Canada on 3/6/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Antheras from Kitchener, Ontario Canada on Sunday, March 06, 2005
Hardcover

Journal Entry 2 by Antheras from Kitchener, Ontario Canada on Monday, July 04, 2005
sending to HoserLauren as RABCK.

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, July 21, 2005
I've been looking forwards to reading this book even before I started up the Oprah's Book Club "challenge".
I'm kind of thankful I haven't seen the movie, so everything will be a surprise!

Thanks for granting my wish!! :)

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, August 23, 2019
I almost gave up on this book within the first 30 pages. It felt overly descriptive for no purpose other than showing writing prowess. Once we got more in to the characters, I became more invested and stuck it out but man, what horrible people are in this book. The mother should win worst mother of the century and could be highlighted on a blog about narcissistic parents every day for the next year. The majority of the foster parents were no better. The daughter was a victim of all this and was just looking for someone to love her. The daughter makes some horrible decisions but it's because there's no one to guide her through life. The ending was somewhat satisfactory but overall I felt rather meh about this book.

Released 11 mos ago (10/6/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library, Centennial Drive in Burlington, Ontario Canada

Left in the Newell Little Free Library.

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.