The Red Tent (Bestselling Backlist)

by Anita Diamant | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0312195516 Global Overview for this book
Registered by jennannej of Coronado, California USA on 3/5/2005
Journal Entry 1 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Saturday, March 05, 2005
Race to 2,000,000.

Journal Entry 2 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Saturday, May 21, 2005
A well written book. I am not sure what to say about this book. I found parts of it quite interesting and thought the author crafted her story very creatively. However, I did not enjoy her secular view of the old Bible story. Jacob and his sons were turned into brutal, unforgivable, barbarous men. God was turned into "El", one of many, many gods worshipped in this story. I agree that Jacob and his sons did some terrible things, and his family carried idols of other gods, but she went too far and changed too many things. In the book, Jacob works 7 months (not years) for Rachel.

It is interesting to get a different perspective on the story though, and to consider how things might have been. I appreciate that about this story.

Read the origial version of this story in the Bible in Genesis 20-50.

This will be sent off next week to nyisutter for a book club.

Journal Entry 3 by nyisutter from St. Charles, Missouri USA on Monday, June 06, 2005
Thank you so much for sending this book! The First Baptist Readers will be reading this book in July. It should be an interesting discussion.

I have read the book before and agree with the previous journal. It was an interesting look at a familiar story but it was hard to stomach some of the changes to the Biblical account. But it was great for getting me to read the actual account more closely!

If you enjoyed this book, you might also try Thorn In My Heart, Fair Is The Rose, and Whence Came A Prince by Liz Curtis Higgs. She wrote on the same story, but in 18th century Scotland. Another interesting look at a familiar story, written from a Christian perspective.

Released 15 yrs ago (6/22/2005 UTC) at First Baptist Readers - 1st Baptist St. Charles in St. Charles, Missouri USA

First Bapist Readers basket in church library.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Monday, August 08, 2005
Thank you for providing the St. Charles First Baptist Reading Club with The Red Tent, it was a very interesting read. Although I wonder about how much research she really put into the book. It was a very interesting version on the story in the bible, but so factually incorrect.

CAUGHT IN ST. CHARLES MO USA

Journal Entry 6 by nyisutter from St. Charles, Missouri USA on Monday, September 19, 2005
This was put back in the book exchange box. There were several copies in there, so I am offering this up on my book swap list.

Journal Entry 7 by nyisutter at St. Louis Zoo in St. Louis, Missouri USA on Friday, October 14, 2005

Released 15 yrs ago (10/14/2005 UTC) at St. Louis Zoo in St. Louis, Missouri USA

Not claimed on book swap list yet, so I decided to let this one travel some more in the wild.

To be released sometime during the weekend.

I am releasing this as part of a St. Louis Zoo release! The kids and I enjoy sharing books with others as we walk around looking at the animals! I hope that the future readers will enjoy this book and that the finders had a great time at our great zoo!

This book will be released randomly in the zoo.

Thank you for picking up this book & I hope you enjoy it. You have not only found yourself a book, but a whole community of book-lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope that you will make a journal entry letting me know that this book has found a good home with you. You can do this anonymously if you wish. When you finish the book, please visit here again and share what you thought about the book.
Feel free to read and keep the book, or pass it on to a friend, or even set it free "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you register you will be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s completely confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), totally free, and spam-free. If you do decide to join BookCrossing, please tell them that nyisutter sent you.
I hope that you will enjoy the BookCrossing experience!

Journal Entry 8 by monsterhetchmen at Mastic Beach, New York USA on Friday, December 18, 2015
I like this book but Im not in love with it. I like the story. The authur does an awesome job of telling a story. The only reason why im not 100% on board with it is some of the content I thought was upseting but thats no fault of the author.