God Is An Englishman

by R F Delderfield | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by jennannej of Coronado, California USA on 3/1/2005
Journal Entry 1 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Tuesday, March 01, 2005
Race to 2,000,000!

Journal Entry 2 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Monday, March 27, 2006
I really enjoyed the book "Christy" by Catherine Marshall and was recommended this author as having written similar encouraging stories. It wasn't quite what I expected.

The picture on the front seemed to be some time of historical romance, and indeed there was a bit of romance, but not much. This book focused quite heavily on the business pursuits of Adam Swann as he created a shipping company in England around the time of the American Civil War.

It included quite a lot of details regarding the business and how he ran it, too much for me. I found it hard to get into the book. Once I got into it I read along at a good pace. Then when I stopped for a day or two it was hard to get going again. SO this weekend I decided just to blow my way through this and finished it up.

A nice book, but I did a bit of skimming ;)

Journal Entry 3 by jennannej at -- Wild, somewhere in Lincoln in Lincoln, Nebraska USA on Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Released 15 yrs ago (4/11/2006 UTC) at -- Wild, somewhere in Lincoln in Lincoln, Nebraska USA

By Ten Thousand Villages.

Journal Entry 4 by micha1244 from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Wednesday, April 26, 2006
if you like it, then it will be interesting! Its simple to read and easy to understand
Meiss