The Monarchy National Treasury or a Right Royal Disgrace? (What's the Big Idea?)

Registered by apapsa of Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on 3/1/2005
Journal Entry 1 by apapsa from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, March 01, 2005
That's an interesting little book I bought in London during my recent visit there. While I was there the big news were about Prince Charles marrying Camilla, so it was *imperative* that I learn some more details about the British Monarchy...

What I've learned (or Some Royal Titbits):

"Oliver Cromwell called the Magna Carta the Magna Farta!"

"Our royal family are mainly German by blood. Their real surname is Hanover-Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. It was changed to Windsor at the height of the First world War to avoid anti-German feeling."

"Britain is one of the two constitutional monarchies without a written constitution. The other is New Zealand."

"The Queen's coronation in 1953 encouraged an extra one and a half million people to buy TV sets (doubling the number of TVs in the UK!)

"The Queen gets all her stamps and telephone calls free."

Journal Entry 2 by apapsa from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Thank you for finding this book. Please, write a journal entry letting all its past and future readers know that this bookk was found. (It's anonymous and you don't have to join BookCrossing to do it). Then read this book, give it to a friend, or release it for someone else to find -just like you did! (You don't have to release it somewhere far away from home! There could be a reader waiting for it right where you live!)

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingVryses-OBCZwing on Sunday, December 03, 2006
thank you very much for the book. It is now in the school obcz