Pattern Recognition

by William Gibson | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0425198685 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Rico-Verde of Leesburg, Florida USA on 3/1/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Rico-Verde from Leesburg, Florida USA on Tuesday, March 01, 2005
William Gibson's widely praised novel of 21st century living. A cool website inspired by this book is here.

* * * * *

International Bookray

1. Me (Leesburg, Florida, USA
2. billhookbabe (Derby, Derbyshire, UK)
3. amber-h (Saint Marys, Georgia, USA)
4. anabanana (Los Angeles, California, USA)
5. Caro1 (Nottingham, England, UK) will post anywhere
6. coffeestained (Zürich, Switzerland)
7.Redbank (Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia) will post internationally
8. xula (Guijon, Asturias, Spain)

9. etc...

Journal Entry 2 by Rico-Verde from Leesburg, Florida USA on Thursday, March 03, 2005
Pulp fiction with something to say. Pulp because characters are two-dimensional, no psychology. The plot's the thing. It takes ten or eleven chapters to get going, but smooth sailing from then on. Globalization the theme here. Can there be any authenticity in an all consuming marketplace? This and more. An easy read, with food for thought if you want to go there.

* * * * *

Shipping to billhookbabe in a controlled release. Hope you like it!

Journal Entry 3 by billhookbabe on Wednesday, March 16, 2005
I have already read Neuromancer by the same author and so look forward to this. Thanks for sharing R-V, I will have it on its way within a month.

Journal Entry 4 by billhookbabe on Wednesday, April 20, 2005
It definitly takes ages to get going, but once it does it is a great story. I think it is a slow brewer because Gibson has a lot to say about our society and how we are influenced by advertising. I was particularly interested in the 'word of mouth' advertising he talked of. Interesting too is that though the spellings are different, the main characters in Neuromancer and this book are both called Cayse/Case.

I will send this book on by the end of the week to amber-h. Thanks R-V for sharing.

Journal Entry 5 by amber-h from Atlanta, Georgia USA on Sunday, May 22, 2005
I got it in the mail late last week, but didn't get a chance to get on the site until now. I'll read it asap then send it on.

Journal Entry 6 by amber-h from Atlanta, Georgia USA on Monday, June 13, 2005
I fell into this completely and utterly, maybe because I needed the escape of a good book at the moment. As a graphic designer, I've always paid attention to branding, and to have Cayce's gift would have saved me many times.
The plot isn't truly fast-paced, but it kept me going. I just wish the ending wasn't so rushed (IMO), as the ends seemed to be tied up a little too easily, considering what it took to get there.

I've PM'd anabanana for her address, and once I get it, it'll be on the road to her.

Thanks for sharing this!

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Wednesday, July 13, 2005
I received this book in the mail last week and am working on reading it. I will post again when I'm done and mail it on.

Journal Entry 8 by anabanana from Pasadena, California USA on Wednesday, July 13, 2005
Sorry! I accidentally logged this book in as an anonymous finder. It is with me, anabanana.

Journal Entry 9 by coffeestained from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Received the book from California yesterday, will get to it…probably this weekend.
Special thanks to Rico-Verde and Anabanana

Journal Entry 10 by coffeestained from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Friday, September 16, 2005

I got to around page 60 and was continually bored and forever cringing at the over-use of the term “mirror world”, so I can’t write any kind of review other than: unreadable, for me.

Redbank never replied back with an address, so s/he is skipped over and the book is now on the way to Spain, care of Miss Xula.

Journal Entry 11 by xula from Gijón, Asturies/Asturias Spain on Wednesday, September 21, 2005
just recived... and thanks for the chocotat!

Released 13 yrs ago (10/12/2005 UTC) at controlled release by mail (Zürich) in -- controlled release --, Zürich Switzerland

Forgot to officially release this one on the computer…

Journal Entry 13 by xula from Gijón, Asturies/Asturias Spain on Sunday, October 22, 2006
I decided to give one oportunity to this author, cause I didnt like Neuromancer, but this one I really loved it. Thanks for the book! I'll try to find a new home as soon as posible...

Journal Entry 14 by SirTim from A Coruña, A Coruña Spain on Thursday, April 12, 2007
Gibson is an old favourite of mine. I picked up Neuromancer when I was just starting to use the Internet some years ago, so the whole Johnny Mnemonic cerebral hard disks and hightech/lowtech thing really fascinated me. That and the Japanese mafias, Braun mini helicopter gunships and the whole surreal backdrop he described so well back then. I'm a bit disappointe in his recent stuff, he seems to be getting less weird (not a good thing IMO) but he still has some very good touches. Many thanks to Xula for handing it on to jotage (también gracias!).