The Calder Boats

by Gabrielle Ross | Women's Fiction |
Registered by winglytteltonwitchwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 2/25/2005
Journal Entry 1 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, February 25, 2005
Tamarisk Calder was born the day the Chilverton Canal came into being,her first memory was of watching one of her father's boats being pulled by two strong horses on the canal.

Journal Entry 2 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, March 24, 2005
This book is going in a goody bag for the NZBC Convention - hope whoever gets it has a fantastic convention!

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 3 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, March 25, 2005
in my goodie bag

Journal Entry 4 by freesia from Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, April 24, 2005
Yes, I picked this up in memory of my family's many canal holidays.

Journal Entry 5 by freesia from Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Tuesday, September 13, 2005
I liked this historical saga about a family of 3 daughters, all of whom end up marrying the wrong people. The sheer enjoyment of canal journeys are conveyed well, and the determined protagonist Tam is well sketched. However, I was really let down by the last couple of chapters from the point of view of old aged Tam. The first person really didn't work for me - I was just hoping for the book to end in the same style it had been written, rather than suddenly change so drastically and in such a weak way. But this is still worth reading for the story. Planning to release this by a river, if not a canal!

Journal Entry 6 by freesia at Golden Bay Environment Centre in Takaka, Nelson-Tasman New Zealand on Sunday, September 25, 2005

Released 15 yrs ago (9/22/2005 UTC) at Golden Bay Environment Centre in Takaka, Nelson-Tasman New Zealand

By the water feature in front of the fantastic wildlife mural. Whoever finds the book: if you decide to join bookcrossing, please say freesia sent you!

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, October 21, 2005
We caught it in the middle of Takaka township leaning up against a beautiful fountain in our Village Green. I am now going to release it in our local Visitor Information Centre.

CAUGHT IN TAKAKA NELSON NEW ZEALAND