The *CAT* Who Turned On and Off

by Lilian Jackson Braun | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingkayotewing of Champaign, Illinois USA on 4/3/2005
Journal Entry 1 by wingkayotewing from Champaign, Illinois USA on Sunday, April 03, 2005
From the back: "When Qwilleran decides to do a feature series on Junktown, he gets more than he bargained for. Not the dope den he anticipated, Junktown is a haven for antique dealers and collectors--as strange a lot as the crafty reporter has ever encountered. When a mysterious fall ends the career--and the life--of one of Junktown's leading citizens, Qwilleran is convinved it was no accident. But, as usual, it takes Koko to prove he's right."

Journal Entry 2 by wingkayotewing from Champaign, Illinois USA on Monday, April 04, 2005
This is an earlier one in the series--from when Qwill was still working in the city. I prefer the older ones, and this one is no exception.

I found the tech-tiques entertaining. The murder mystery was strange in that the victim was dead before the book started! Usually they die during the book, so it was nice to see a slight change in plot. :) And Qwill trying to force Koko into investigating was entertaining.

It's a fun bit of fluff. Amusing characters, interesting setting (antique shop), and fun.

I am putting this into a mystery bookbox, which actually has no Cat Who books in it.

Journal Entry 3 by FamFatale at Bookbox in Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Monday, July 18, 2005

Released 15 yrs ago (7/18/2005 UTC) at Bookbox in Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Released into catperson's mystery bookbox

Journal Entry 4 by catpersonn from Ronald, Washington USA on Sunday, September 04, 2005
Excellent! Will be included in the book box going to Australia in the next week or so.

Journal Entry 5 by sally906 from Toowoomba, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Arrived in the mail today - I am not going to read this one as I have read it already, love the Cat Who books, will set up a book bag and send it around Australia - Thank You Catpersonn

Journal Entry 6 by sally906 at Casuarina Post Office in Casuarina, Northern Territory Australia on Saturday, December 31, 2005

Released 15 yrs ago (12/31/2005 UTC) at Casuarina Post Office in Casuarina, Northern Territory Australia

Into the COSY MYSTERY BOOKBAG to be mailed off later today.

Journal Entry 7 by aleonblue from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Thursday, April 12, 2007
Ravenbear passed this book on to me in a bookbag (of 12 books!) yesterday to pass on to the Brisbane BookCrosser to enjoy...

Thanks so much Ravenbear!

(I have most of this series myself already...)

Reserved for Wombles

Released 13 yrs ago (4/14/2007 UTC) at Brisbane Botanic Gardens - Mt Coot-tha in Mount Coot-tha, Queensland Australia

Passing this book onto Wombles at the April 2007 meet-up at Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens

Journal Entry 9 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Sunday, April 15, 2007
Picked up today at meetup, with a special person in mind!

Journal Entry 10 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Sunday, April 15, 2007
Picked up today at meetup, with a special person in mind!

Released 13 yrs ago (6/15/2007 UTC) at For a friend in Christchurch, NZ, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Journal Entry 12 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, June 15, 2007
Thank you!

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 13 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, June 19, 2007
As Cat Who books always are, a nice fun light read. I've been reading these books totally out of order, so it was entertaining going back to the early days of Qwill, Koko, and Yum Yum, before they struck it rich. Fun too to see the genesis of Qwill's love of antiques.\

Lytteltonwitch has bagsed it next.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 14 by wingkeenredawing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Scored this book from Lytteltonwitch at brunch a month ago. Looking forward to reading in the near future, together with The Cat Who Smelled a Rat, another from the series.

Journal Entry 15 by wingkeenredawing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, November 22, 2007
Have had this book for a while and it has finally come to the top of my reading pile. I quite enjoyed this story of Qwilleran - the reporter who solves crime mysteries with the aid of his two Siamese cats. Being a cat-lover this book appealed to me and I have another in this series in my pile which is yet to be read.

Will be releasing this book over the next couple of days in Dunedin.

Released 13 yrs ago (11/23/2007 UTC) at Dunedin Public Hospital Cafe - Muffin Break in Dunedin, Otago New Zealand

Will leave it on a chair in the Muffin Break cafe at Dunedin Hospital.