The Battle Of Kadesh

by Christian Jacq | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by londonmet of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 2/19/2005
Journal Entry 1 by londonmet from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, February 19, 2005
Bought in a library sale. Gradually working my way through this series.

Journal Entry 2 by londonmet from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, March 13, 2005
Another episode in Jacq's life of Ramses. I'm getting more familiar with the setting now, and quite enjoying the sequence, but still had a reservation or two. Ramses is so wonderful, and his enemies so treacherous (I actually like the scenes of their scheming - they're so much smarter than Ramses, but keep failing, like Dick Dastardly or something).
There are a few times when Ramses annoys me by his general jamminess. e.g. the scene where the beautiful and sexy Mrs Ramses sends him to make love to Iset the Fair (who's even more beautiful and sexy), because she loves him so much, and the battle of Kadesh itself where he literally takes on a whole army single-handed in his chariot and wins. I found myself willing the Hittite officers to shout; "shoot the horses! Shoot the horses!". I think Jacq wants to hint that there's some supernatural stuff going on, but I'd rather he presented the remarkable qualities that made the real Ramses such a great leader.

Journal Entry 3 by londonmet at Crystal Palace Park in Crystal Palace, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, April 16, 2005

Released 15 yrs ago (4/18/2005 UTC) at Crystal Palace Park in Crystal Palace, Greater London United Kingdom

To be part of the Book Aid mass release. Will probably be left near a sphinx in the park.

Journal Entry 4 by BookAid on Monday, April 18, 2005
Kindly donated by Londonmet for the Book Aid mass release.