Wicked Beyond Belief: The Hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper

by Michael Bilton | Horror |
Registered by Skip-Dot of Downer, Australian Capital Territory Australia on 2/18/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Skip-Dot from Downer, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, February 18, 2005
This is a true story and a frightening one. Not just the horror of what Sutcliffe (the Yorkshire Ripper) did but also the bungled police investigation and why it too them so long to catch him. Bilton focusses on the police and is fairly sympathetic, most of them were just in over their heads. This is a well-written study of a long-running police investigation by someone who followed the case and subsequent inquiries as a journalist.

Journal Entry 2 by woosang from Campbelltown, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, April 12, 2005
Took this book as it may interest Dave's Sister. Maybe not but worth asking eh?

Journal Entry 3 by kazza-blankone from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, April 17, 2005
Yvonne gave me this. Don't know if it'll interest me, but I may pick it up after I've gotten through some of my others