Bachelorette #1

by Jennifer O'connell | Romance |
Registered by CdnBlueRose of Lynden, Washington USA on 2/17/2005
Journal Entry 1 by CdnBlueRose from Lynden, Washington USA on Thursday, February 17, 2005
Book Description
Sarah Divine Holmes is a 34-year-old suburban wife and mother leading a normal life as a freelance writer when she is offered the magazine assignment of a lifetime - to pose as a hot young single on the latest TV reality sensation, "The Stag." Sarah can't resist the opportunity to skewer the women desperate enough to go on TV to snag a man, and the man shallow enough to view dating as a ratings game. Armed with a killer wardrobe, sun-kissed highlights and her reporter's notebook, she sets out to discover what happens at the posh California resort when the cameras stop rolling.

What she discovers is that this alternate reality is more seductive than she ever expected. The other women aren't all brainless bimbos, but are attractive, self-confident women with their own agendas. And "The Stag" isn't the arrogant jerk she imagined. Caught up in a whirlwind of moonlight swims, limo rides, and champagne toasts, Sarah stops working on her article and starts wanting to win. As she dodges hard-core husband hunters, slimy producers, voyeuristic cameramen, and her own burgeoning feelings, she comes to discover the real-life adventure behind love, marriage, and motherhood.

Jennifer O'Connell's snappy heroine, savvy voice, and timely premise give readers a sensational story. BACHELORETTE #1 is a fabulously fun and fast-paced novel that looks at one of the major trends of recent years.

TBR, then sending to Marlene-TC as part of the "International Reverse Wishlist" Relay!

Journal Entry 2 by CdnBlueRose from Lynden, Washington USA on Wednesday, April 05, 2006
A quick and fun read - I was expecting something fluffier, but this has a pretty decent story to it - I quite enjoyed it! Read it in a few hours. It's now in the mbag box, ready to go to Marlene - how you enjoy it too, my Crazy Foreign Friend!!

Journal Entry 3 by CdnBlueRose from Lynden, Washington USA on Monday, April 10, 2006
On it's way to The Netherlands in Marlene's mbag tomorrow!

Journal Entry 4 by CrazyDutchwoman from Heemstede, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Yes thanks rosie. I like to be able to read some fluffy books once in a while, especially after a very depressing or difficult read.

This book has 4.5 stars on amazon and I think I will start with this book and hope it is good to keep my interest.(I am having trouble reading lately)

Will let you know my thoughts on the book

Journal Entry 5 by CrazyDutchwoman from Heemstede, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, May 29, 2006
Wow . This was worth the wait Rosie! I read it in 1 day. I thought it was very funny and a light easy read.

I always watch The Bachelor, as you know I love Reality TV, so this was the perfect match.A story which takes place in a for me, very well known Reality show.

I do think it could have been better to be honest.
You don't learn what happened to the other women and the bachelor after the show , but overal it was a nice read. Not as good as the first 3 books by Jennifer Weiner, my favourite chick lit writer (I hated her last book!, which was more a mystery gone bad)
I give it an 8.
thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 6 by CrazyDutchwoman at Mailed in Swap on Missy's site, A swap -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, October 19, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (10/19/2006 UTC) at Mailed in Swap on Missy's site, A swap -- Controlled Releases

Mailed this to camis. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by camis from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, October 28, 2006
Thanks Marlene - looking forward to reading this.

Journal Entry 8 by camis from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, March 04, 2007
Enjoyed this - light-hearted but with a good story underneath.

Journal Entry 9 by camis from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Sending to Noumena12 from the VBB.

Journal Entry 10 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Thursday, May 17, 2007
Thanks Camis!!!

Journal Entry 11 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Thursday, May 31, 2007
Surprise wishlist RABCK to Apolonia! Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 12 by Apolonia from Lynn, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, June 03, 2007
This book has arrived safely. Thanks Ann for the great surprise!!