No Plot? No Problem!: A Low-Stress, High-Velocity Guide to Writing a Novel in 30 Days

by Chris Baty | Reference |
Registered by Katchie of Nenagh, Co. Tipperary Ireland on 2/17/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Katchie from Nenagh, Co. Tipperary Ireland on Thursday, February 17, 2005
This is fantastic - a little bible for wannabe writers.
I'm still trying to find my magical pen though!

Released 13 yrs ago (9/30/2005 UTC) at by mail in Mailed to another BC member, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Posted off to nice-cup-of-tea - hope you find it helpful :)

Journal Entry 3 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Just received this today from Katchie as a loan - thanks! I need to read before starting the NaNoWriMo challenge in November (write a novel of 50,000 words in 30 days!

Journal Entry 4 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, November 10, 2005
Oh dear, real life got in the way, and my NaNoWriMo challenge just didn't get off the ground :-( 2006 maybe? I've got a plot and some notes, so they'll keep I guess!

This book was a great read though, with lots of good examples, humour and ideas for helping you to write and tell your story. I was encouraged by the fact that 50,000 novels include such classics as HHGG!

My favourite idea in this book was that of banishing your inner editor - I think i need to use this idea in other parts of my life!

"That's tight, the Inner Editor. The doubting, self-critical voice that we all inherited around puberty as an unfortunate door prize for surviving childhood. The Inner Editor is a busybody and perfectionist, happiest when it's tsk-tsking our shortcomings and weaving our past blunders into a rich tapestry of personal failure."

posted back to Katchie 11/11/5 B Post

Journal Entry 5 by Katchie from Nenagh, Co. Tipperary Ireland on Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Just setting back to permanent collection

Released 12 yrs ago (8/17/2006 UTC) at by mail in Mailed to another BC member, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Posted from Canary Wharf as I escaped the office at lunch - on it's way to AliceF - good luck if you try the WriNoMo challenge!

Journal Entry 7 by AliceF from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, August 21, 2006
Thanks! Truly hoping to apply the learning to the challenge proper, but not certain yet how realistic that will be.

Journal Entry 8 by AliceF from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Sent back to Katchie a couple of weeks ago (sorry for the delayed JE), in time for her to try the challenge... I've read enough inspiration to get me through it... if I get the inspiration of what to write about!

Released as part of the "Keep Them Moving Challenge 2006".

Journal Entry 9 by Katchie from Nenagh, Co. Tipperary Ireland on Monday, October 20, 2008
Sorry I've had a BC absence and clean forgot to mark this as back in my collection