The Shining City

by Stevan Eldred-Grigg | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by BizzieLizzie of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 2/7/2005
Journal Entry 1 by BizzieLizzie from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, February 7, 2005
Book picked up at Nelson Book Fair in 2004.

Stephen EG is a NZ writer, writing about NZ a few decades ago. This book is about the son of Fag and Roddie in "Oracles and Miracles". Ashley, the son, and his cousins growing up in different social situations have completely different views of the world. This book describes the enormous changes experienced in the generation growing up in the 60s and 70s and takes me back to my own university days. It is very explicit about some things I never experienced. A very good read.

Journal Entry 2 by rarsberry from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, March 24, 2005
Just from reading the first paragraph on the back of the book I know it is probably a rather good book.
From looking insde it seems to be split up into different characters telling it from their point of view, so it could be a good read!! :o)

Journal Entry 3 by Alithia from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, March 25, 2005
Got this at the BX convention. I read the first book in this series when I was back in high school and I enjoyed that, so I hope this one wont disappoint.

Journal Entry 4 by MonkeCatcher from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Got it today at a meetup - I'll probably read it and then release it at the Dunedin Book Crossing convention.

Released 18 yrs ago (4/11/2006 UTC) at Bookcrossing Meetup - details in notes in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Released to fellow bookcrossing member

Journal Entry 6 by marcienz from Kimbell, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Collected this book from an excellent meet up at Cafe Bleu last night. Great to meet you, MonkeCatcher.

Journal Entry 7 by TheLetterB from Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Sunday, June 11, 2006
Received this from Marcie130 at my very first meet-up. Look forward to reading a book set in what is now my home city.

Journal Entry 8 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, July 28, 2006
Spotted reclining on Godley's statue, where it was attracting quite a bit of attention from passers-by. I've already got a copy of The Shining City, so I left this one where it was for someone else to catch.

^ ^