The Ten Word Game

by Jonathan Gash | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by BC-08041015142 on 2/5/2005
Journal Entry 1 by BC-08041015142 on Saturday, February 05, 2005
Registered for the BCUK Unconvention 2005.

Journal Entry 2 by BC-08041015142 at on Sunday, May 15, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (7/2/2005 UTC) at

Released into Unconventon Prize Box 7

Journal Entry 3 by AliceF from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, July 02, 2005
Won in a raffle prize box at the Unconvention, Apres Café Bar, Summerrow.

BCUK Unconvention, Birmingham, 1st-3rd July 2005. Will you be there?

Amazon Synopsis

After stealing one of his own forgeries from the Marquis of Gotham, Lovejoy is on the run. With the bounty hunter David Buddy hot on his trail, Lovejoy makes his way to Southampton in the hope of fleeing the country. He soon finds himself sailing away from the port in the Melissa, one of the world's most luxurious cruise ships - not as a stowaway but as a legitimate passenger. But his cruise turns out to be nothing like a holiday when Lovejoy discovers that his escape from the mainland has been organised by a group of criminals. And now they've got him on board they're intent on using Lovejoy's knowledge of fine art and antiques for their own gain. But exactly what they want him to do remains a mystery...A gripping and unusual tale; The Ten Word Game shows Jonathan Gash and his creation Lovejoy at their finest.

Journal Entry 4 by AliceF from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 04, 2006
BOOK RING: This ring is currently open. Members are as follows (if you wish to join, please PM me and I will add you!):
  • OddballDave
  • LindyLouMac (Italy)
  • IoJima (France)
  • with ldpaulson (US only), since 29 May 2007
  • Amanida (Chertsey, Surrey, UK)
  • VLR (London)

How it works:
  • If you wish to be added to the list, please PM me with your details.
  • We will kick off once we have 5 members.
  • You will be sending the book to the person who appears after you in the list, so you need to PM them to get their address!
  • It's not a race, but please read and send the book on as speedily as you can, other people are dying to read it too.
  • Please journal the book once you have received it (so we all know where it currently is) and again when you have read it (so we know what you thought of it!)
  • If you're the last person on the list (i.e. we run out of members) the book comes back to me until there are more interested parties...

Journal Entry 5 by AliceF from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, January 25, 2007
Will be posted as soon as I have oddballdave's address.

Journal Entry 6 by OddballDave from Telford , Shropshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 01, 2007
Arrived this morning - straight to the top of the reading pile.

Journal Entry 7 by OddballDave from Telford , Shropshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Ten word game - the ability to describe any situation in just ten words.

Kidnapped, cruising, murder done twice, huge robbery, scapegoat Lovejoy revenged.

Needs you to have read previous Lovejoy works as some of the supporting cast lack depth unless you recall them from earlier times, but still an excellent romp through the world of antiques.

For those of us of a certain age Arthur Negus would be turning in his grave at some of the scams and cons revealed.

Journal Entry 8 by LindyLouMac from Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, March 24, 2007
Thanks to OddballDave for sending on to me.This book has finally arrived after a long journey, as it is postmarked 26th February. Thanks once again to AliceF for including me in a Bookring destined to keep my husband supplied with reading material! Five parcels arrived for me this am, thank goodness one is actually for him, as he struggled back from our post box with them, mumbling 'more books'! He has read a couple of other Lovejoy titles and always enjoyed the television series, so hopefully i have chosen well. I will make sure this is read and on its way again in the not too distant future.

Journal Entry 9 by LindyLouMac from Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, April 16, 2007
It has taken my husband rather longer than normal to read this, easter and visitors seem to have got in the way! He enjoyed it but much preferred the television series he says! He also thanks Bookcrossing for giving him the opportunity to read a Lovejoy novel.
This will be en route to France when address I am waiting for arrives.

Released 11 yrs ago (4/24/2007 UTC) at by mail in To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

En route to Iojima in France.

Journal Entry 11 by Iojima from Nyons, Rhône-Alpes France on Monday, April 30, 2007
Received today. No. 2 on Mt. Toobie. Thank you.

Journal Entry 12 by Iojima from Nyons, Rhône-Alpes France on Friday, May 11, 2007
I cannot really rate this as I think my problems with it are mine and not the book's. I did enjoy the TV series, though, at least for the first year or two. Off to Idpaulson next.

Journal Entry 13 by ldpaulson from Ventura, California USA on Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Ah! The rewards for patience!

Tore into the envelope and into the book. A rollicking good read for a holiday weekend. I've read a number of the Lovejoy series that are made available in the United States. This one I haven't seen and I was pleased to read it. This may be the longest book in the series to date, but it's no less enjoyable. There's quite a set-up and backstory needed to get Lovejoy on a cruise against his will. It has the ABCs of Lovejoy. You know ... Avarice, Birds, Crooks, Danger, Eating ...

On to the next reader!