The Ten Word Game
6 journalers for this copy...
Released 13 yrs ago (7/2/2005 UTC) at
WILD RELEASE NOTES:
Released into Unconventon Prize Box 7
After stealing one of his own forgeries from the Marquis of Gotham, Lovejoy is on the run. With the bounty hunter David Buddy hot on his trail, Lovejoy makes his way to Southampton in the hope of fleeing the country. He soon finds himself sailing away from the port in the Melissa, one of the world's most luxurious cruise ships - not as a stowaway but as a legitimate passenger. But his cruise turns out to be nothing like a holiday when Lovejoy discovers that his escape from the mainland has been organised by a group of criminals. And now they've got him on board they're intent on using Lovejoy's knowledge of fine art and antiques for their own gain. But exactly what they want him to do remains a mystery...A gripping and unusual tale; The Ten Word Game shows Jonathan Gash and his creation Lovejoy at their finest.
- LindyLouMac (Italy)
- IoJima (France)
- with ldpaulson (US only), since 29 May 2007
- Amanida (Chertsey, Surrey, UK)
- VLR (London)
How it works:
- If you wish to be added to the list, please PM me with your details.
- We will kick off once we have 5 members.
- You will be sending the book to the person who appears after you in the list, so you need to PM them to get their address!
- It's not a race, but please read and send the book on as speedily as you can, other people are dying to read it too.
- Please journal the book once you have received it (so we all know where it currently is) and again when you have read it (so we know what you thought of it!)
- If you're the last person on the list (i.e. we run out of members) the book comes back to me until there are more interested parties...
Kidnapped, cruising, murder done twice, huge robbery, scapegoat Lovejoy revenged.
Needs you to have read previous Lovejoy works as some of the supporting cast lack depth unless you recall them from earlier times, but still an excellent romp through the world of antiques.
For those of us of a certain age Arthur Negus would be turning in his grave at some of the scams and cons revealed.
This will be en route to France when address I am waiting for arrives.
WILD RELEASE NOTES:
En route to Iojima in France.
Tore into the envelope and into the book. A rollicking good read for a holiday weekend. I've read a number of the Lovejoy series that are made available in the United States. This one I haven't seen and I was pleased to read it. This may be the longest book in the series to date, but it's no less enjoyable. There's quite a set-up and backstory needed to get Lovejoy on a cruise against his will. It has the ABCs of Lovejoy. You know ... Avarice, Birds, Crooks, Danger, Eating ...
On to the next reader!