Buddha Da

by Anne Donovan | Religion & Spirituality |
ISBN: 1841954519 Global Overview for this book
Registered by amnome of Lauterbrunnen, Bern / Berne Switzerland on 1/24/2005
Journal Entry 1 by amnome from Lauterbrunnen, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Monday, January 24, 2005
"Anne Donovan tells an endearing, humorous yet unsentimental story of a working-class Glaswegian man who discovers Buddhism, rejects old habits and seeks a life more meaningful ... only to alienate his immediate family in the process."

Journal Entry 2 by amnome from Lauterbrunnen, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Tuesday, March 22, 2005
And interesting read, although I had to read the first line three times, until I understand what it meant - It is written in english all wright, but with a scottisch accent, and I've never read one before. Once one gets the feel of the language, which is still easy to understand, it flows on, and the story takes it course.
The story is very intriguing, because of the change of religion, which should lead to illumination, but which makes a mess out of the familys life ... but even then life must go on!

Journal Entry 3 by amnome from Lauterbrunnen, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Tuesday, February 07, 2006
The Book will be travelling shortly to england, anybody else who is interessted please let me know