Wycliffe and Death in Stanley Street

by W.J. Burley | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by CdnBlueRose of Steinbach, Manitoba Canada on 1/23/2005
Journal Entry 1 by CdnBlueRose from Steinbach, Manitoba Canada on Sunday, January 23, 2005
Product Description:
A dubious cul-de-sac just off the busy main road in a sprawling West Country port, Stanley Street is definitely not a salubrious place. And the victim, found naked and strangled in her bed is, appropriately enough, a prostitute. The local inspector believes it is just another sex crime, but Chief Superintendent Wycliffe is not convinced. For the victim, Lily Painter, is the kind of girl who likes Beethoven and has lots of 'O' and 'A' levels to her name - not the usual sort of prostitute at all. And when Wycliffe goes digging into her background, he comes up with plenty of surprises, not least a shadowy connection with property speculators and drug smugglers. But it takes a dangerous arson attack and a second murder before the solution to this complex and fast-moving puzzle can be found...

Journal Entry 2 by CdnBlueRose from Steinbach, Manitoba Canada on Thursday, March 31, 2005
Mailing April 1 to blum as part of a book relay - ENJOY!

Journal Entry 3 by blum from Slough, Berkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 6, 2005
This arrived yesterday, but I hadn't had a chance to journal till now. Looking forward to reading it. Thanks CdnBlueRose.

Well, this is the first book in this series I've read, and I hope it won't be the last. I really enjoyed this quick and easy read. Perfect for a lazy afternoon.....

Journal Entry 4 by blum at on Friday, May 27, 2005

Released 16 yrs ago (5/28/2005 UTC) at

Finder enjoy!!

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, September 10, 2005
¡Hola!I´m from Spain and I was on holidays in London whith my family...The last day we went to the Covent Garden, I was very sad because I enjoyed very much your city, so I didn´t want to go to my country...when I found it. It was a wonderful experience, I love reading books!
Now, I´m at home in Segovia, an small but lovely city near Madrid, but my English level is so poor to finish the book early. As a result of it, when I´d watch:"THE END",I´ll leave the book in Madrid...Catch it, if you can!!!!!!Bye!!!!!

CAUGHT IN LONDON ENGLAND UK