My Sergei : A Love Story

by Ekaterina Gordeeva with E. M. Swift, | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by gnissorckoob of Miami, Florida USA on 1/20/2005
Journal Entry 1 by gnissorckoob from Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, January 20, 2005
Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov were celebrated Russian skating partners who teamed up as kids and then fell in love and married. At the peak of their career in 1995, Sergei suddenly died of a heart attack. In this (probably ghost written)book, Katia tells of a storybook romance, then how she has struggled to build a life for herself and thier daughter while mustering the courage to skate alone.

Related Link

Journal Entry 2 by gnissorckoob from Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, February 05, 2005
Accepted by Marlene-TC via BookRelay.com -- to be mailed to The Netherlands. (Mailed 2/10.)

Journal Entry 3 by CrazyDutchwoman from Heemstede, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, February 22, 2005
Yes I just received it goobie. Thanks a lot. I have accepted this book not only on behalf of myself but I knew my mom would like to read this too.

But I also want to read it .I watch ice skating for years now So many pictures in the book. wow

will update while reading.

Released 13 yrs ago (10/21/2005 UTC) at By Mail in Suprise for another Bookcrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This book was on tbr for way to long so I decided to add it in the book box i mailed today to MieLH in Denmark

Hope you'll like it

Journal Entry 5 by MieLH from Odense, Fyns Amt Denmark on Monday, October 24, 2005
This book is save with me now :o) It arrived today in a massive book-box from Marlene-TC in The Netherlands - oh my, soooo many books!! What a great RABCK :D Thank you so much!

21st of August: The book has been marked TBR for too long, so I'm sending it to AceofHearts in a trade :) Happy bookcrossing!

22.nd of August: Book was sent off today :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, August 28, 2006
Thank you so much. Alo thanks for the cute postcard and the lovely teas. All my favourites :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov were gold medal pairs figure skaters from Russia. This story goes through the initial pairing up at age 11 for Katia until more recent times.

The training and rigorous regimen required by their coaches for their amateur careers was impressive. Beside the talent and obvious attachment this must of helped them win their medals. Katia also describes the slow growing of their love and eventually marriage and the birth of their daughter.

Their move to the United States and their move to the 'professionals' and the life of the ice shows are all described.

In 1995, Sergei died of a heart attack and Katia is devastated. How she copes both on and off the ice and how she builds a life for herself and her daughter as a single parent shows her courage.

This book has some pictures which are great to look at. Ekaterina is not the best of writers but is very frank almost to the point of making the reader think she is without emotion at times.

Journal Entry 8 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, October 07, 2013
My mom, AceofHearts, passed away from breast cancer on September 17, 2013. Aside from being one of the best people I know, she was an avid reader and took immense pleasure in Bookcrossing, her book club, and reading many great books. She had marked this book as available to be passed along to someone else.

I will be releasing this in my mom's memory.

Journal Entry 9 by HoserLauren at Harvey's Fast Food Restaurant in Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (10/19/2013 UTC) at Harvey's Fast Food Restaurant in Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Released this at the Harvey's in Heartland.

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use my mom, AceofHearts, as a referring member.