The Road to McCarthy

by Pete McCarthy | Travel |
Registered by chelseagirl of Faringdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 1/17/2005
Journal Entry 1 by chelseagirl from Faringdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 17, 2005

With many thanks to the British & International Sailor's Society Charity Shop in North Camp, Farnborough, who made this registration & release possible.

Journal Entry 2 by chelseagirl from Faringdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 24, 2005
Going out on a ray to:

gizmopuddy
anfield

Can the last person please wild release the book somewhere, as that is what I was originally intending to do with it! Thank you :0)

Journal Entry 3 by Gizmopuddy from Maynooth, Co. Kildare Ireland on Wednesday, February 02, 2005
Thanks Chelseagirl, received this today. Looking forward to reading it and will pass it on when done

Journal Entry 4 by Gizmopuddy from Maynooth, Co. Kildare Ireland on Wednesday, March 02, 2005
Surprisingly interesting book. The title is by and large a misnomer, it it not all about McCarthy's. Found the first section on Morocco a little tedious, but then went on to discover so much stuff I never knew. Absolutely loved the section on Tasmania and the New Irelanders, learned so much about Monserrat, being an English Colony that celebrates St. Patricks Day and all the associated Irishness. The sections on New York, Montana, Alaska and Ireland were wonderful too, with some LOL moments. Would actually be interested in reading McCarthy's bar someday after reading this. Will pass onto Azureskippy, next time I see her, with the kind permission of Anfield and Chelseagirl to extend the ray.

Journal Entry 5 by Gizmopuddy at on Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Released 15 yrs ago (3/21/2005 UTC) at

Given to Azureskippy to continue the ray

Journal Entry 6 by azureskippy from Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, April 06, 2005
Apologies for the delay - caught this book from Gizmopuddy at the March BXie meet-up. Giz thought I would really enjoy this book, but I wasn't sure....

Journal Entry 7 by azureskippy at The Harbourmaster in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (6/28/2005 UTC) at The Harbourmaster in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

This book is on its travels again. Passed to Nordie at the BXie meeting, who is attending the unconvention in Bermingham.....

This doesn't look like the kind of book I like but I was hooked from the first couple of pages....

Journal Entry 8 by Anfield from Bagshot, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, July 04, 2005
This was passed on at the Unconvention. I loved McCarthy's Bar so am hoping this one will be just as good!

Journal Entry 9 by Anfield from Bagshot, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, October 09, 2005
This did not disappoint. I love his writing, the right blend of information and dry humour. I now want to visit Tasmania, Montserrat and Butte Montana, for the hell of it! As for wild releasing, I think this special book calls for a special release and am hatching a plan to have it released in Ireland, maybe in Co. Cork, Cobh if I can manage it. Watch this space!

Released 13 yrs ago (5/5/2007 UTC) at Holyhead to Dun Laoghaire Ferry Crossing in -- Ports & Ships --, Wales United Kingdom

Will be released in a suitable location on the Ferry.