Away Laughing on a Fast Camel

by Louise Rennison | Teens |
Registered by caligula03 of Hayward, California USA on 1/16/2005
Journal Entry 1 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Sunday, January 16, 2005
Just can't get enough of Georgia.

Journal Entry 2 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Thursday, September 08, 2005
Still TBR but offered to needmorezoloft

Journal Entry 3 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Thursday, January 12, 2006
Cute book. While I did laugh in places the book seemed more disjointed than the previous ones. There are basically three things happening in this book: life with Angus's kitten, Vatti buying a "new car" and the pursuit of a new Sex God. The transitions between these three main threads are not as coherent as they were in the other books and I found myself having to go back and reread passages which interupted the overall flow of the story.

Journal Entry 4 by caligula03 at on Thursday, January 12, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (2/2/2006 UTC) at

Mailing to needmorezoloft to complete a reverse relay offer.

Journal Entry 5 by needmorezoloft from Detroit, Texas USA on Sunday, March 26, 2006
Thanks so much

Journal Entry 6 by needmorezoloft from Detroit, Texas USA on Wednesday, August 09, 2006
saving for tribefan

sending on

Journal Entry 8 by Tribefan from Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on Thursday, August 31, 2006
Thanks for sending! Will wild release for Secretariat's 2006 September Animal Release Challenge!

Released 12 yrs ago (10/3/2006 UTC) at RABCK to fellow Bookcrossing member in RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

RABCK going to AceofHearts in Canada. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, October 27, 2006
received today. Thanks so much. Can'twait to read more about Georgia

Journal Entry 11 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, January 31, 2007
I hijacked this book from my mom because this was the next book I needed to read in the series.

I liked it just as much as any of the previous ones! There were some very funny moments in it (Georgia lighting someone's clothing on fire at the church, Gordy getting cardboard glasses, etc). I liked the introduction of the new kitty, he seems quite cute. Although you just know he's going to be a trouble maker like Angus! I'm not too sure I like Masimo, the "New Sex God". Georgia should get togehter with Dave the Laugh. Infact I'm sure they will by the time this series ends.
I didn't like how Georgia was getting nastier near the end. She was calling a whole bunch of people very rude names. I know she can be annoying at times but I thought perhaps she had gone a bit too far this time. Hopefully the next book is a bit more toned down on the name calling. Honestly, I can't understand why anyone would want to be her friend!! LOL She can be so rude sometimes.

Journal Entry 12 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, January 31, 2007
This book is back with me now

Journal Entry 13 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, July 25, 2007
I liked this book better than the last. Georgia made me laugh out loud. The cardboard kitty glasses sound something else. Also setting someone on fire trying to light a candle at church was hilarious. I also thought the description of costumes for the Lord of the Rings party was very funny. I hope she soon realizes that Dave the Laugh is much better than Masimo.

Journal Entry 14 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, September 17, 2007
mailed today

Journal Entry 15 by ramson from New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Monday, September 24, 2007
Thanks for sending this, Ace! I love Georgia! I will read and then pass on as part of the 2007 You're Such An Animal wild release challenge.

Journal Entry 16 by ramson at CVS Metairie Road in Metairie, Louisiana USA on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (9/30/2008 UTC) at CVS Metairie Road in Metairie, Louisiana USA

Left on top of the USA Today machine outside the store as part of the 2008 Your're Such An Animal Wild Release Challenge.

_______________________________________________________

If you are reading this then you have found a travelling book! Please make a quick journal entry to say where and how you found it. Take a moment to check out Bookcrossing. If you decided to join please list me, Ramson, as your referring member.