Me Talk Pretty One Day

by David Sedaris | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by andr0id of St. Louis, Missouri USA on 1/15/2005
Journal Entry 1 by andr0id from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Saturday, January 15, 2005
There is no doubt that David Sedaris is a funny guy. I had trouble with this book at first - not because it is a difficult read or because I wasn't laughing, but rather I was put off by what I was perceiving as whining. The more I read, however, the more I learned to appreciate the whining and identified it as integral to the humor.

I can only imagine that David Sedaris is even funnier in person.

Released 15 yrs ago (1/16/2005 UTC) at -- By post or by hand-ie ring, trade, RABCK, meet in St. Louis, Missouri USA

Released to bookcrosser icekween01

Journal Entry 3 by icekween01 from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Sunday, January 16, 2005
I thought this book was hilarious. A comical escape into someone else's pain, humiliation and misery! I thought it was very funny. A quick easy read.

sending to fellow bookcrosser jebbie74

ENJOY!!

Happy Bookcrossing!!!

Journal Entry 5 by Jebbie74 from Oshawa, Ontario Canada on Friday, March 04, 2005
Thanks so much, icekween01! I know a few places I may be able to take this one as I have a couple copies of it.

Instead, I've decided to do a Bookray with it, as I know there are a ton of people who want to read this.

Journal Entry 6 by Jebbie74 from Oshawa, Ontario Canada on Monday, March 14, 2005
Here's my list for the bookray:

1) iguana-girl - Canada
7) electragiselle - US
8) momofap - US
9) Elsita - Portugal
10) bookmanu - Portugal

...and the last person may do as he/she wishes when the bookray is over :)

Put in the mail today for the participant of the bookray: iguana-girl :)

Journal Entry 8 by iguana-girl from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 04, 2005
It arrived today, and I read the first essay over breackfast - good first impression. Thanks for sharing this book Jebbie74!

Journal Entry 9 by iguana-girl from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 22, 2005
I'm sorry - I guess that I forgot to do a follow-up journal entry about this book.
I enjoyed it - there were many laugh out loud moments. However, I didn't find the entire book funny. Some of the stories near the beginning of the book I found really sad even though they were told in a humorous way. Luckily there weren't very many of those and I found the book getting funnier and funnier as I read on.

I posted this book to ukbrat in St. Catherines from Colorado on Thursday April 14th. I was thinking that it probably should have arrived by now, which is how I realised that I had forgotton to journal it when checking just now.

Thanks for sharing this book Jebbie74!

Journal Entry 10 by ukbrat from St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 26, 2005
Just have to finish up with a book from another bookring and I will be starting this book. Looking forward to reading this book! Thanks!

Journal Entry 11 by ukbrat from St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Friday, May 20, 2005
This book was hilarious. I would definately have to say this is better Naked. Sedaris is a very funny writer and manages to point out the funny side of everything. I laughed out loud at numerous times... usually at the most inconvenient times. I can relate to some of the stories of being abroad... and having to learn a new language.

I am passing this off to Katiekykates