Funny Countries: Quotes from Around the Globe

by Richard Breen | Humor |
ISBN: 1901374149 Global Overview for this book
Registered by chelseagirl of Faringdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 1/15/2005
Journal Entry 1 by chelseagirl from Faringdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 15, 2005
Oscar Wilde once said: "England is so overpopulated that there is not enough good weather for everyone."

Sounds like a plausible theory to me. This book has lots more quotes about England, France, America, Switzerland, Germany ... a quote for every BookCrosser?

I'm going to send this out with a book package as a little extra. Hope whoever receives it enjoys it and continues this book's journey into RABCKery!

Journal Entry 2 by chelseagirl from Faringdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 25, 2005
This is going off to katweeble with a couple of RABCK surprises for wild releasing. This one's not for wild releasing, though - it's to be read, enjoyed and then passed on to another wonderful BookCrosser!

Journal Entry 3 by Katweeble from Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 26, 2005
will read and pass onto the next book crosser I send a book to. Looks like a good source of giggles

Journal Entry 4 by Katweeble from Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 31, 2005
Have read any laughed out loud in places. Will pass on with a ring I am reading - it will give some light relief if the going gets a bit heavy.

Journal Entry 5 by Katweeble from Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 01, 2005
will post tomorrow to a fellow BC'er with a ray book - it will give her some light relief before passing onto someone else.

Journal Entry 6 by RedDahlia from Folkestone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, February 04, 2005
This little booklet arrived with another bookray book today and I only just noticed, while flicking through it, that it had it's own BCID Number. Just entered the number and discovered that it is travelling round to different bookcrossers as a companion to other books!

I shall read it and then send it on its journey in due course!

Journal Entry 7 by RedDahlia from Folkestone, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, February 05, 2005
Some nice little quotes in there to make me smile! I'll include the booklet with the next ring or ray I send off.

Journal Entry 8 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 19, 2005
Picked up at Nottingham Meet-up. Will send on with ring or ray.

Journal Entry 9 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 13, 2005
Being sent on with Trail of the Dead ray

Journal Entry 10 by Mastulela from Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 22, 2005
What a surprise. I picked up an envelope to re-use this morning and it rattled. Putting my hand in - out came the book, and I have been laughing since. The quote which I liked most, and haven't heard before is Oscar Wilde's.
England is so overpopulatedthat there in not enough good weather for everyone.

Journal Entry 11 by Mastulela from Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 23, 2005
As Light relief for Let Me Go.

Journal Entry 12 by angellica from Worksop, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 24, 2005
What a wonderful addition to the book I received this morning.. Will read and send in another ray I've got going ;)

Journal Entry 13 by angellica from Worksop, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 01, 2005
Some of the quotes are very funny. All my family have had a look and a chuckle

I've held onto this one long enough - going to add it to a bookring that I'm going to post tomorrow.

Journal Entry 14 by appletreen from Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, September 05, 2005
“America is the only nation in history which have gone miraculously from barbarism to degeneration without the normal interval of civilization”- Georges Clemenceau

A tiny tome filled with many hilarious witticisms.

“England and America are two countries divided by a common language” – George Bernard Shaw

I love the idea of how this book is travelling and I shall pop it in the next BC parcel I send.

Journal Entry 15 by appletreen from Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, October 14, 2005
RABCK to another country, so the book can leave the UK but not BCUK ;o)

Journal Entry 16 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, October 18, 2005
This little gem of a book came with a Pratchett RABCK from Catrionamoore - many thanks. Will include this with my next RABCK..

"Life is too short to learn German" (Richard Parson)
"Whenever the literary German dives into a sentence, that is the last you are going to see of him till he emerges on the other side of the Atlantic with his verb in his mouth" (Mark Twain)
"Switzerland is a curst, selfish, swinish country of brutes, place in the most romantic region of the world" (Lord Byron)

Journal Entry 17 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, January 26, 2006
This little book will be accompanying my first RABCK of 2006 to go to Toronto, Canada! Happy reading Jebbie74 :-)

Journal Entry 18 by Jebbie74 from Oshawa, Ontario Canada on Monday, February 06, 2006
This is great! I've only taken a little look at it, but I know who it will more than likely go to next :)

'Canada is a country so square that even female impersonators are women.' LOL

Journal Entry 19 by Jebbie74 from Oshawa, Ontario Canada on Monday, March 06, 2006
Thsi was really cute...and I thought it should continue along it's RABCK way, so I posted it today along with a bookring to visit New Zealand :)

Journal Entry 20 by mystic-nz from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Received this book with another from Canada. My son loves this book and continually reads me extracts from it. Thanks Jebbie. Will continue it on its way soon.