Pure Drivel

Registered by siriradha of Colorado Springs, Colorado USA on 1/11/2005
Journal Entry 1 by siriradha from Colorado Springs, Colorado USA on Tuesday, January 11, 2005
This hardcover book was a present from my Secret Pal, whom I laud most high(ly). I'm going to savor this chapter by chapter!

Two Days Later...
Finished the book this afternoon. Steve Martin is a very witty person, and the only fault I could find is that so many of the chapters just seem to be his strained effort to PROVE he's witty. That being said, I have to admit that I laughed till I cried over "Side Effects." The book really is funnier being read a little at a time.

FROM THE PUBLISHER
From a wildly imaginative meditation on who Lolita would be at age fifty, to a send-up of the warning labels on medicine bottles, these pieces, many of which first appeared in The New Yorker, hilariously and intelligently skewer the topics at hand.

Journal Entry 2 by siriradha at Montague's Coffee House, 1019 S Tejon in Colorado Springs, Colorado USA on Thursday, January 20, 2005

Released 15 yrs ago (1/20/2005 UTC) at Montague's Coffee House, 1019 S Tejon in Colorado Springs, Colorado USA

I released this book at the bookcrossing meeting tonight.

Congratulations on catching this terrific book. I hope your enjoy it. When you finish this book, please pass journal again and share what you thought about the book. Then, please pass it along for somebody else to read. You could give it to a friend or leave it someplace, like a school, restaurant or wherever you think it might find a reader who'll love it! It would be great if you'd join. Then you could track where your books go. If you do want to join, I'd love it if you would use Siriradha- - that's me-- as the name of the person who referred you.

Journal Entry 3 by rhythmbiscuit from Northglenn, Colorado USA on Friday, January 21, 2005
I caught this book at the Meetup.

Journal Entry 4 by rhythmbiscuit at Northglenn, Colorado USA on Monday, January 18, 2016
I have offered this book as part of booklady331's Already Book Crossed VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by rhythmbiscuit at Northglenn, Colorado USA on Monday, July 22, 2019

Released 6 mos ago (7/22/2019 UTC) at Northglenn, Colorado USA

I included this book in the Already Been Crossed bookbox. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingkaila-annwing at Galivants Ferry, South Carolina USA on Monday, August 26, 2019
This came home to me in the reincarnation of my Already Been Crossed bookbox but still wants to travel.

It’ll be marked available and finding a new home soon.