The Three Miss Margarets : A Novel (Ballantine Reader's Circle)

by Louise Shaffer | Women's Fiction |
Registered by osidemom of Shelton, Washington USA on 1/9/2005
Journal Entry 1 by osidemom from Shelton, Washington USA on Sunday, January 09, 2005
The Three Miss Margarets: friends-confidantes for nearly forever, have become some what icons in Charles Valley, GA. Little does the know that beneath the irreproachable facades of its 3 icons lies an explosive decades-old secret that is about to b revealed. A little bit of suspense with a journey spanning 3 generations of laughter, secrets and tears. A good read.

Journal Entry 2 by LGinder on Tuesday, January 11, 2005
Received this book from a BC meetup in Vista, CA over the weekend. It caught my eye since it said it was for fans of Adriana Trigiani (loved the Big Stone Gap series). I'm already about 1/4 done and thoroughly enjoying it. Thanks so much!

Journal Entry 3 by LGinder on Thursday, January 13, 2005
Wonderful story of old south full of mystery, romance, tradition and honor. Equally as good as a Trigiani read! Will be offering up as a RABCK in the forum to keep it moving.

Journal Entry 4 by LGinder on Friday, January 14, 2005
Well I offered this as a rabck and five people pm'd me so it's being sent out on a ray : )

Order will be:
pjmom8025 - MN
eriko1908- MN
CdnBlueRose - CO
Angie8 - IA (6/26 pm'd for status)
jennannej (for MsQ) - ?

It would be nice to see this ray move along with no stalling..... but we'll see : )

Journal Entry 5 by LGinder at n/a in n/a, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, January 15, 2005

Released 15 yrs ago (1/15/2005 UTC) at n/a in n/a, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Being mailed to pjmom8025 to start the ray : ) enjoy!!

Journal Entry 6 by ID20080001 on Thursday, January 27, 2005
Got this in my mailbox today. I will be reading it soon and passing it on to eriko1908 soon.

Thanks LGinder for setting this up as a ring.

Thanks for the sunny california postcard!

Journal Entry 7 by ID20080001 on Wednesday, February 02, 2005
I thought that the plot of this story could have been written with the murders happening in a preface and then the book starting with the current period. It was very confusing what all the fuss was about. I also didn't think the characters were fully developed. I felt no connection for any of them.

This book will be hand delivered to Eriko1908 in the morning.

Journal Entry 8 by ID20080001 on Friday, February 04, 2005
Per desparate phonce call this morning from Eriko1908. Her computer crashed and she asked me to please journal this for her. I did hand-deliver it to her at her work place.

She will be sending out the book early next week(as soon as she gets the next address.

Journal Entry 9 by eriko1908 from Plymouth, Minnesota USA on Saturday, February 05, 2005
This book arrived at my work on Thursday morning - but before I was able to make an entry saying as much on Thursday night, my hard drive on my computer FRIED!!! This was the first opportunity to make it to the computers at the library, so here I am. I've already got a good start on it (am thoroughly enjoying it!!), and should be ready to pass it on Monday or Tuesday...and I've already received CdnBlueRose's address, so all is good there...I will journal again once I've finished it & can make it back to the library...

GRRRR...BookCrossing is a little more difficult without a 'puter... :O(

(Thanks pjmom8025 for your assistance!!) :O)

Journal Entry 10 by eriko1908 from Plymouth, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, February 09, 2005
Thanks to the assistance of pjmom8025, I was able to get this one off and moving to Colorado by Monday morning - so it should be checking back in again VERY soon!!

I really enjoyed this one - I had no idea throughout the reading exactly where the mystery was going, I really couldn't figure it out, though I tried time & again, really I did...

Thanks a bundle for sharing this one in a BookRay, LGinder, I really enjoyed it!! :O)

Journal Entry 11 by CdnBlueRose from Lynden, Washington USA on Friday, February 11, 2005
Arrived in Colorado this afternoon! Looking forward to reading and will journal when complete!

Journal Entry 12 by CdnBlueRose from Lynden, Washington USA on Friday, March 11, 2005
What a wonderful book!!! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one!! Great story, well told, and I'm now looking forward to finding the next Louise Shaffer book!! I very highly recommend The Three Miss Margarets - it has a lovely blend of mystery, romance, and just good old story-telling!! Excellent!! Mailing out to Angie8 tomorrow, March 12 - ENJOY!!! Thank you so much for offering this one up, LGinder!!!

Journal Entry 13 by Angie8 from Alta, Iowa USA on Thursday, May 19, 2005
i first would like to apologize for holding up this ring. I had put the book away while i was cleaning the house and then i couldn't find where i put it !! Me and my distractions ! It was a good book and I will get it moving to the next one in line.
Again... very sorry for holding this up. Enjoy for the next one in line !