Quick & Easy: Puddings

by quick & easy | Cooking, Food & Wine |
Registered by ainead of Redcliffe, Queensland Australia on 1/3/2005
Journal Entry 1 by ainead from Redcliffe, Queensland Australia on Monday, January 3, 2005
I bought this book for $3.95 from Coles. As far as I know they are still selling them there at this price so if you like it well enough, go and pick yourself up a copy!

I liked this book for a number of reasons including the nutritional information panel for each recipe, the neat set out, the step by step pictures for the simple recipes (I'm a Home Economics teacher so this was a fabulous teaching resource as well).

An imminent extended stay overseas has forced me to cull my cookbook collection and this is one of the ones that I am sending out on it's own journey.

The recipe I chose to cook from this book was the 'Italian Bread Pudding' on page 28. This was a fabulous recipe: very simple, very little preparation and it made a most delicious dessert. I didn't have any French Baguettes, I just used humble sliced bread but the recipe still turned out beautifully. I know that some may not want to include the white wine when cooking this one but I would suggest that this gives the most wonderful flavour to the pudding (and any alcahol is 'burnt off' when the dessert is cooked. I didn't even add custard or ice-cream to the finished pudding as it tasted wonderful on its own.

There is such a vareity of desserts in this little book. Happy cooking and eating to whoever may find it on its journey.