corner corner CAVES OF STEEL

CAVES OF STEEL
by Isaac Asimov | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by sp4home of Valley Center, Kansas USA on 1/1/2005

status (set by Peregrin): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by sp4home from Valley Center, Kansas USA on Saturday, January 01, 2005

A millennium into the future two advancements have altered the course of human history: the colonization of the galaxy and the creation of the positronic brain. Isaac Asimov's Robot novels chronicle the unlikely partnership between a New York City detective and a humanoid robot who must learn to work together. Like most people left behind on an over-populated Earth, New York City police detective Elijah Baley had little love for either the arrogant Spacers or their robotic companions. But when a prominent Spacer is murdered under mysterious circumstances, Baley is ordered to the Outer Worlds to help track down the killer. The relationship between Life and his Spacer superiors, who distrusted all Earthmen, was strained from the start. Then he learned that they had assigned him a partner: R. Daneel Olivaw. Worst of all was that the "R" stood for robot--and his positronic partner was made in the image and likeness of the murder victim!

Journal Entry 2 by Peregrin from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Monday, February 07, 2005

When I heard they were making an I Robot movie, I hoped that they would use one of these novels as the basis. Alas, as Asimov learned when he was alive, producers screw everything up.

I'm going to re-read this one and release it.

Journal Entry 3 by Peregrin at Omaha, Nebraska USA on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

There's a security guard where I work who likes to read. Since it's not likely anyone is going to steal the building, I'm planning to pass this one along to her.

Journal Entry 4 by Peregrin at Omaha, Nebraska USA on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (3/7/2015 UTC) at Omaha, Nebraska USA

Passing along to the security guards at Union Pacific.