The Last Unicorn

by Peter S. Beagle | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingkatayounwing of Tehran, Tehran Iran on 12/21/2004
Journal Entry 1 by wingkatayounwing from Tehran, Tehran Iran on Tuesday, December 21, 2004
different cover

from Amazon.com
The Last Unicorn is one of the true classics of fantasy, ranking with Tolkien's The Hobbit, Le Guin's Earthsea Trilogy, and Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. Beagle writes a shimmering prose-poetry, the voice of fairy tales and childhood:

The unicorn lived in a lilac wood, and she lived all alone. She was very old, though she did not know it, and she was no longer the careless color of sea foam but rather the color of snow falling on a moonlit night. But her eyes were still clear and unwearied, and she still moved like a shadow on the sea.
The unicorn discovers that she is the last unicorn in the world, and sets off to find the others. She meets Schmendrick the Magician--whose magic seldom works, and never as he intended--when he rescues her from Mommy Fortuna's Midnight Carnival, where only some of the mythical beasts displayed are illusions. They are joined by Molly Grue, who believes in legends despite her experiences with a Robin Hood wannabe and his unmerry men. Ahead wait King Haggard and his Red Bull, who banished unicorns from the land.

This is a book no fantasy reader should miss; Beagle argues brilliantly the need for magic in our lives and the folly of forgetting to dream. --Nona Vero

Journal Entry 2 by wingkatayounwing from Tehran, Tehran Iran on Wednesday, December 22, 2004
reserved for clar

Journal Entry 3 by wingkatayounwing at to a friend in to a friend, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, December 28, 2004
Released on Tuesday, December 28, 2004 at about 12:30:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at to a friend in to a friend, Postal Release Controlled Releases.

from one fan to another!
should be there in a month at most, hopefully and touch wood! (NEVER temp postal gods!:))

Journal Entry 4 by clar from Las Piñas City, not specified not specified on Tuesday, January 11, 2005
the book arrived safely today =) thanks katayoun! my brother & I are very excited to read it =)

Journal Entry 5 by clar from Las Piñas City, not specified not specified on Saturday, January 29, 2005
finished reading it! it's really good =) at last I finally know the whole story (I only remember bits of it from the movie) thanks katayoun for letting me keep this in my personnal collection =)