Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!

by fannie flagg | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by nyassa of Deal, Kent United Kingdom on 12/9/2004
Journal Entry 1 by nyassa from Deal, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, December 09, 2004
From Amazon
"Fannie Flagg excels in creating marvellous characters, and all her novels are testimony to this. What makes "Baby Girl" such a storming book is the mix of small-town, American, wholesome life and the corruption and rat-race of New York. The storyline unfolds mostly via these two settings and the flitting back from the 70s to the 40s and the decades in between means the promise of"just one more chapter" will inevitably be very hard to keep. "

and

"If you are in the mood for warm, fuzzy and romantic, this is the book for you. It's an easy read due to the structure and writing style, but that does not make Baby Girl dull or uninspiring. The plot thickens and turns and pulls you in and the twist at the end was a genuine surprise - slightly implausible to my mind, but such a delightful book to read that plausible wasn't top of my list anyway! "

Journal Entry 2 by nyassa from Deal, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 14, 2006
I had no idea what to expect from this book, but I got a book full of the feel-good factor. It was a light and very easy read which I finished in record time. The Amazon reviews say it all really.