The Persian Pickle Club

by Sandra Dallas | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by SiDiC of Lincoln, Nebraska USA on 12/7/2004
Journal Entry 1 by SiDiC from Lincoln, Nebraska USA on Tuesday, December 07, 2004
I just couldn't get into this one. I picked it for just a couple of bucks almost a year ago, but I don't think I'm gonna continue with it. Hope it ends up in the hands of someone who will appreciate it more than me.

Journal Entry 2 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Tuesday, December 07, 2004
That title. It just piques the interest, doesn't it?

Obtained this at the Lincoln Meet-up tonight. Thanks, SiDiC, for organizing it.

Released on Tuesday, December 07, 2004 at about 8:00:00 PM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at BookCrossing Meetup (The Coffee House) in Lincoln, Nebraska USA.

I took 13 books to tonight's Meetup at The Coffee House (1324 P St. -- downtown Lincoln NE), and only came home with 4 of my own. This was one of the 9 that somebody else took with them.

Journal Entry 4 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Thursday, December 30, 2004
Kind of an interesting little book. I thought it was unique in that it is written from the viewpoint of a (somewhat ignorant) country woman in depression-era Kansas while one of the main characters is an outsider, "a big city girl from Denver." Most stories that I read with this set up are written from the outsider's point of view.

The book kind of threw me for a loop in the middle, something I wasn't expecting, and then again at the end. A fine read. It kept me going.

Journal Entry 5 by jennannej at on Sunday, January 02, 2005
Sending off to UK bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 6 by loribee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, February 28, 2005
Many thanks jennannej - a lovely RABCK surprise! What a beautiful cover & intriguing title. I am looking forward to reading this.
Off to catch the trade winds now.......

Journal Entry 7 by loribee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Now I know what Persian Pickle means!
Going into Redhouse's BookBox #9 - the 'Move It On' box.

Journal Entry 8 by Scarlett17 from Bexley, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, September 13, 2008
Taken from the Move it on bookbox

Journal Entry 9 by Scarlett17 at Bexley, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, March 25, 2011
I really enjoyed this one. The story has its ups and downs but it kept me turning the pages. Passing this on to my mother in law who is a quilter herself so hopefully will enjoy the quilting reference as well as the storyline.