Lolita (Vintage International)

by Vladimir Nabokov | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by minniemack of Northville, Michigan USA on 2/21/2005
Journal Entry 1 by minniemack from Northville, Michigan USA on Monday, February 21, 2005
Have not yet read; would like to read before releasing.

Journal Entry 2 by minniemack from Northville, Michigan USA on Tuesday, March 01, 2005
Lo-li-ta, light of my life, fire of my loins. You are promised to another, and I must let go of you, albeit unwillingly. Perhaps one day you will find your way back to me.

Journal Entry 3 by -Steppenwolf- from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, March 09, 2005
Lolita is now safe here in my arms :) Adopted into a caring family :) She sends her love to her former parent minniemack :)

Journal Entry 4 by -Steppenwolf- from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Monday, April 04, 2005
This book is absolutely outstanding. Writers are not of this calibre anymore. The modern day writer of fiction is typically not even worthy of carrying the toilet paper that this writer would use. This book is a compilation of instruments of the written word which when blended with Nabokov's mastery is a symphony of an original masterpiece. I now rank this author amongst the best ever to have lived and I have to read everything he has written. I am only disappointed that I have found him at this late date in life. It will now be difficult to pick up a book of another author as it will be like being fed dirty crumbs and water after having lived with filet mignon and the most superb aged French white wine.

Marking as reserved until I discover who of my fortunate friends will be honoured to also read this masterpiece.

Journal Entry 5 by -Steppenwolf- from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, July 12, 2006
I have passed this superb book onto Bookcrosser Folde who is here visiting from Sweden for a few days. I hope he likes it! :) I wanted to give him the best :)

To avoid confusion I am also PaperbackPal which is the BCID he is familiar with :)

Journal Entry 6 by Folde from Sheboygan, Wisconsin USA on Friday, August 18, 2006
PaperbackPal gave me this book when I was visiting her in july!
Thanks!