To the Last Man: A Novel of the First World War by Jeffrey M. Shaara

by Jeffrey M. Shaara | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingAnonymousFinderwing on 12/1/2004
Journal Entry 1 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Wednesday, December 1, 2004
I'm very anxious to finish up my current book and jump into this one. I loved Jeff's other books (as well as his Dad's) - they're all historical fiction surrounding various wars (Revolutionary, Civil, etc.). If you're not a history buff, please don't let that put you off - I wasn't either and absolutely devoured Jeff's previous works. I was so intrigued by what I learned that I found myself doing some additional digging into various battles on the 'net and look forward to being able to take a trip out to the eastern U.S. someday to visit some of the famous battlefields. The collective Shaara books are a real treat!

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, February 4, 2005
Hmmmm... well I wasn't as bowled over by this particular book as I was by Shaara's previous books. This is a piece of historical fiction - a story, primarily, of four men, about WWI as told through their points of view, as they might have told the story themselves. These men are John J Pershing, Roscoe Temple, Manfred von Richthofen (The Red Baron), and Raoul LufBery. I found the Shaaras' previous books about the American Revolution through the Civil War much more engrossing - but that may be more reflective of where my interests lie versus the quality of this particular book. This book will be released into the wild.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, October 5, 2007
Listed on paperbackswap.com

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, October 6, 2007
Sending off to a fellow Illinoisan! :-)