corner corner Brave New World

by Aldous Huxley | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by jess1 of Cincinnati, Ohio USA on 8/26/2002

status (set by rdv1224):

Journal Entry 1 by jess1 from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Monday, August 26, 2002

One of the best examples of speculative science fiction ever. Loved this as much as 1984. This will be mailed to a fellow bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 2 by rdv1224 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, August 29, 2002

the 4th in the jess1 package. Someone said to compare this with Orwell's 1984. Hmm, now where are those pesky orwells...
Thank you jess, for a reason to neglect the computer!

Journal Entry 3 by rdv1224 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, September 09, 2002

Super. He brings up things I've pondered for a long time. I love a good story, and especially one that poses big questions. Is happiness all it's hyped up to be? What if we had no choices, would we miss them? Suppose we really had all that we needed and most of our wants and whims fulfilled. Would our problems be over? In a world where everyone had food, clothing, shelter, medical care, satisfying work, abundant sex, no religions -what would we strive for? Which path are we humans on, which should we be on? Should we do something just because we're capable of doing it? Especially powerful questions with the technology we have today, and soon will have. I wish Huxley could see our modern world.

Journal Entry 4 by rdv1224 at -- wild released somewhere in city in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, September 11, 2002

Released on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 at Post office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA.

In the locker room, at work. (Yeah, I'm a postal worker. Shhh!)