The Eyre Affair

by Jasper Fforde | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
ISBN: 0142001805 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Secretariat of Carlsbad, California USA on 11/26/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Secretariat from Carlsbad, California USA on Friday, November 26, 2004
Secret Santa Book Wish List purchase

Released on Monday, November 29, 2004 at about 1:00:00 PM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Sent to another bookcrosser in Northbrook, Illinois Controlled Releases.

Shhh-Secret Santa mailing

Journal Entry 3 by carlissa from Gainesville, Florida USA on Saturday, December 25, 2004
I found a package
I sneak a look,
And what do I find,
Why, it's a book!

Thank you Secret Santa!

Journal Entry 4 by carlissa from Gainesville, Florida USA on Monday, December 5, 2005
I really loved the quirky humor in this book!

I will be sending this book out on a bookring. Participants so far are:

hak42
kbgoffe

back to me (Carlissa)

Journal Entry 5 by hak42 from Durham, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, December 13, 2005
I received this book today! :) Excellent timing, I just finished the book I was reading.

Journal Entry 6 by hak42 from Durham, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, December 17, 2005
I finished reading this book last night. It was a lot of fun! It was a bit confusing in the beginning, while I was trying to get a handle on the world. Great Britain circa 1985, only with time travel, supernatural creatures, dodos as pets, a 130 year long war with Russia over the Crimean Penninsula and everyone having a very passionate love of literature.

Literature geeks start riots in the street, steal original manuscripts and try to pass off fakes. SpecOps 27 is in charge of dealing with these lawbreakers. Literary Detective Thursday Next is in the middle of it all as she tries to rescue classic literature from being permanently changed, while dealing with her own past and personal problems.

The puns and play on words are very amusing. Reading Jane Eyre first will increase your enjoyment of this book, although not completely necessary.

Overall, an enjoyable, quick read. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

I'll send the book out to kbgoffe later today.

Journal Entry 7 by kbgoffe from Beaverton, Oregon USA on Friday, December 23, 2005
Occasionally my husband will grab the mail on his way to work. The downside is he works the graveyard shift at a local hospital. Sometimes it is quite difficult to have to wait to see what book arrived for me. :)

What perfect timing, I just finished my book last night. I plan to start this book right away. After reading the book “The Big Over Easy” by Fforde, I knew I had to read the Thursday Next series. He is very imaginative and creative in his stories.

Thanks for organizing this bookring carlissa. Hak42 I appreciate that you sent this priority mail. BTW, do you have pets? My cats cannot stop playing with the envelope or sniffing the book. It is quite comical. =^. .^=

Journal Entry 8 by kbgoffe from Beaverton, Oregon USA on Tuesday, January 3, 2006
This was a delightful book to read. Jasper Fforde certainly has a creative and unusual imagination. Once you get in the rhythm of his writing it is hard to put the book down. I love how he gives his characters telling or just plain fun names, Jack Schitt, Hades Acheron and Braxton Hicks. What the character Hicks had in common with pregnancy contractions I am not sure. :)

When Thursday and Landen went to see Richard III I immediately pictured seeing the movie “Rocky Horror Picture Show" in the theater. In many ways both are extremely similar. It gave me giggles to think back to my youth and the days I went to see “Rocky Horror” in the theater with all the audience participation.

This book is headed back home. Thanks for sharing it with us carlissa!

DC# 0305 2710 0000 0580 9444
USPS Track & Confirm

Journal Entry 9 by carlissa from Gainesville, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 10, 2006
This book has made it home, safe and sound! Thank you kbgoffe for the postcard from Portland!

I will be giving this book to my daughters to read.

Journal Entry 10 by pkboo from Archer, Florida USA on Friday, January 26, 2007
got from my mom

Journal Entry 11 by carlissa at Goodwill in Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, April 16, 2017

Released 5 yrs ago (4/17/2017 UTC) at Goodwill in Miami, Florida USA