The purple quest

by Frank G. Slaughter | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by irishajo of Teachey, North Carolina USA on 11/20/2004
Journal Entry 1 by irishajo from Teachey, North Carolina USA on Saturday, November 20, 2004

Journal Entry 2 by irishajo from Teachey, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Going to sarradee

Journal Entry 3 by sarradee from Mansfield, Texas USA on Monday, May 23, 2005
I requested this book because I couldn't find a synopsis of it anywhere, and purple is my favorite color. It's not the usual type of book that I read, but I'll give it a try.

From the inner cover:
Straton, royal descendant of a past ruling house, watched as his native land - the great Phoenician port city of Tyre - was torn apart by intriques within the government. Called home from his voyages, Straton saw young King Pygmalion yielding to the degenerate influences of an evil stranger.

His love for Hera and the jealousy of Queen Elissa obscured by the turmoil that threatened to destroy them all, Straton triel to heal the rifts within Tyre. The treasure he had carried home from a distant island - the Dragon's Blood - promised to bring great wealth to the city and to unite the people. But as the Phoenicians struggled with their fears and superstitions, their Abyssinian neighbors prepared for war.

With the clash of swords and the thrust of spears, THE PURPLE QUEST builds to an exciting climax as blood flows in the city of Tyre and on the ships that for five hundred years had carried the Phoenicians to the farthest corners of the ancient world.

Journal Entry 4 by sarradee at Triumph Cafe OBCZ -3808 Spicewood Springs Rd in Austin, Texas USA on Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (1/12/2010 UTC) at Triumph Cafe OBCZ -3808 Spicewood Springs Rd in Austin, Texas USA

Bringing to the meetup, will leave on the shelf if not selected.

Journal Entry 5 by gatorbooks at Austin, Texas USA on Thursday, May 27, 2010