Tommy's Tale : A Novel

by Alan Cumming | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by hannahsc5 of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 11/12/2004
Journal Entry 1 by hannahsc5 from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, November 12, 2004
I am reading this book for the second time as it has been a while and I remember it being funny the first time.

Will send it out on a ring when I am finished. Back cover reads like this:

Tommy is 29, lives and loves in London, and has a morbid fear pf the c word(commitment), the b word(boyfriend), and the f word(for getting to call his drug dealer before the weekend). But when he begins to feel the urge to become a father, and the pressure from his boyfriend to make a real commitment to their relationship, Tommy starts to wonder if his chosen lifestyle can ever make him happy.
Faced with the choice of maintaining his hedonistic, drugged out and admittedly fabulous existence or changing it all in favor of afar more sensitive, fulfilling and - let's face it-slightly more staid lifestyle, Tommy finds himself in a true quandary. Through a series of adventures and misadventures that lad from London nightspots to New York bedrooms and back, our boy Tommy manages to answer some of life's most pressing questions - even those he never thoughts to ask.