The Last Precinct

by Patricia Cornwell | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by okyrhoe of Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on 11/12/2004
Journal Entry 1 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Friday, November 12, 2004
Paperback. See also the hardcover copy on my bookshelf.
This book appears to be the last in the Kay Scarpetta series.* It's a shame that the story here appears strained and lacking in suspense, compared to the first books featuring Dr. Scarpetta as the protagonist.
The level of suspense is not on a par with the first books; there is plenty of repetition, and the narrative rhythm is fairly uneven. I was also distracted by too many strained similes.
I wonder where Cornwell will take the characters from here; she owes it to her fans to provide a better closure than the awkward ending here.

*Trace is now out, so the Scarpetta series IS continuing.

If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

I've registered this at BookCrossing.com so that I can keep up on where it goes, who reads it, and what they thought of it. I'd love to see an entry letting me know it is safe with you.

To get started, just enter the book's BCID number (you'll find it inside the book) at the BCID field (top left of this webpage) and press Go!

If you like the BookCrossing concept, you might want to register yourself with a screen name. (but you can remain anonymous also and still journal this book), so that you can follow this book as it travels, and maybe release other books. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), fascinating, and fun!

Thank you for picking up this book. Do with it as you please... read it, give it to a friend, keep it, release it in the wild - it's up to you.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by blueyedromantic from South Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA on Friday, January 14, 2005
sent to me as a rabck from okyrhoe. thanks. sorry for the late post but this book got thrown into a big box of other books and then put in the back of a closet when we were getting the house ready for thanksgiving company. sorry for the delay. going to my tbr pile. thanks again.

Journal Entry 3 by blueyedromantic from South Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, January 18, 2005
given to my mother to read.

Journal Entry 4 by blueyedromantic at Galion, Ohio USA on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (2/7/2015 UTC) at Galion, Ohio USA

sent to a fellow member of paperbackswap.com in Ohio.