The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency

by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by lovemylife of Campbellsport, Wisconsin USA on 11/5/2004
Journal Entry 1 by lovemylife from Campbellsport, Wisconsin USA on Friday, November 05, 2004
Immediately upon setting up shop in a small storefront in Gaborone, Precious Ramotswe is hired to track down a missing husband, uncover a con man, and follow a wayward daughter. But the case that taugs at her heart and lands her in danger, is that of a missing 11-year-old boy, who may have been snatched by witch doctors.

Journal Entry 2 by lovemylife from Campbellsport, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, November 07, 2004
Read this last night and couldn't put it down. It's fun to read about the exploits of Stephanie Plum and Kinsey Milhone, but Mma Ramotswe does the same thing with a lot less theatrics. She is a down-to-earth woman who solves her cases using her wit and common sense. A thoroughly enjoyable book. Now it's off to Jennannej who had it on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 3 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Saturday, November 13, 2004
Received through bookrelay.com. My first reverse relay! (I figured out how it worked eventually.) I've heard only good things about this book. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Thanks to lovemylife for sending it to me!

Journal Entry 4 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Thursday, November 18, 2004
I liked this book pretty well. It's written in an interesting style. Mma really has very little idea what she is doing, but somehow, she always manages to solve the mystery. The little sidetracks were interesting but strange. Like the time she forgets what she is doing while reading about snakes in a bookshop. We also get to learn all about the snake she reads about.

“We are far from the sea here, with Angola and Namibia between us and the coast, and yet we have this great empty ocean of blue above us and around us. No sailor could be lonelier than a man standing in the middle of our land, with the miles and miles of blue around him.” --The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency, Alexander McCall Smith

This book will soon be going out to SCA2003 as a trade, as soon as I can get it packaged up for the post office.

Journal Entry 5 by jennannej at US Mail in Post office, A book trading site -- Controlled Releases on Monday, November 22, 2004
Sending out today as part of a bookXing trade.

Journal Entry 6 by SCA2003 from Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA on Friday, November 26, 2004
Received this book today, I will read this soon. Thanks!

Journal Entry 7 by SCA2003 from Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA on Sunday, December 26, 2004
I did enjoy this book, which was surprising as I tend to like alot more action in my books. This reminded me alot of Nancy Drew Mysteries (which I still read!). The book started off slow in my taste but it was good reading as my DH watched an old Dirty Harry movie. Thanks for the chance to see what everyone was talking about when this book first came out.

Journal Entry 8 by SCA2003 at Freecycle in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Ohio USA on Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Released 16 yrs ago (2/23/2005 UTC) at Freecycle in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Ohio USA

They will help me to "release" this book.

Journal Entry 9 by deadgirl145 from Akron, Ohio USA on Wednesday, March 02, 2005
received with others from fellow Bookcrosser. This one looks really good...will read soon