Nigger

by Dick Gregory | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by retc of New Orleans, Louisiana USA on 11/4/2004
Journal Entry 1 by retc from New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Thursday, November 04, 2004
Available for trade as long as you don't make me type that word again. This is an autobiography by Dick Gregory. Excerpt on the back: "Good evening, ladies & gentlemen. I understand there are a good many Southerners in the room tonight. I know the South very well. I spent 20 years there one night.... Last time I was down South I walked into this restaurant & this white waitess came up to me & said: 'We don't serve colored people here.' I said, 'That's all right, I don't eat colored people. Bring me a whole fried chicken.' About that time these 3 cousins came in, you know the ones I mean, Klu, Kluck, & Klan, & they say: 'Boy, we're givin' you fair warnin'. Anything you do to that chicken, we're gonna do to you.' About then the waitress brought me my hicken. 'Remember, boy, anything you do to that chicken, we're gonna do to you.' So I put down my knife & fork, & I picked up that chicken, & I kissed it."

Journal Entry 2 by retc at on Thursday, July 07, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (7/7/2005 UTC) at

Finally mailed today. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Brendalc57 from Sacramento, California USA on Thursday, July 21, 2005
Just received the book, thank you...now it goes on my tall TBR pile.

Journal Entry 4 by Brendalc57 at National City, California USA on Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Amazing autobiography, it is such an eye opener about racism. It is ready for a new reader.